Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cross united states by bus?

Has anyone traveled east coast to west coast United States by Greyhound bus? Do you think it would be safe for a woman traveling alone?

nightwolfredx

Safe? Yes . Compfortable,No.

niiice kitty

No,Sorry this my best answer,most people who travel by bus are people who can`t afford cars,planes and more expensive transportation, not that all these people are crooks, gang members ect. but I wouldn`t take the risk.

night_train_to_memphis

Although I have not made that long a trip on Greyhound, that was my mode of travel all through college.It is the "poor man's" way to go in the US, and the worst thing about it, I feel, is that the stations are in VERY BAD locations, so it is not as if you can safely get off the bus and get a reasonable meal, find a decent restroom, take a walk, or the like. This is a pity, but it is the basic truth as far as I can tell. Their real estate is in inner city locations, almost all of which have fallen on impossibly hard times.To my way of thinking, it would be better to save up your money and find a bargain flight on Jet Blue. This is not the way to sightsee, unfortunately. If you need to get from city to city to see the USA, take Amtrak.Sorry. It would only be safe if you were totally tough. And I cannot see how it would be pleasurable in any way.