Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nicky A

I've become a weak person because of him.. suggestions?

Ive posted many questions about my situation before. Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years. I met him my first year of college (I am 2.5 hours away from home, he's only 20 min from his home). My freshmen year was fun, I made a lot of friends. The second year of college, I drifted away from my friends and hung out with only him. I think I got too dependent on him. He is still involved with his family and friends from high school, he tries to include me, but I always feel left out. In a sense, he's become my everything, and I think it's caused me to become a bad person towards him. I always had big dreams to move and travel the world, but now I feel like I couldn't do it without him. I graduate next year. I also could live at home this summer or at my college town. Part of me wants to live at my college town to be with him, the other part feels I should go home. He doesn't understand why I get dependent on him, he thinks it's stupid, and I'm too needy. I havent grown as much as I wish.At school he has his family, his high school buddies, a job, and me, whereas i only have school and him. I need some guidance because I don't want to waste my life. I don't even know who I am anymore without him, and we do love each other. I feel like if I lost him I'd have nothing at all. He's the closest person to me, and only main person in my everyday life. I don't want to ruin my last summer/ my senior year of college, how do I make the most of it? I have the opportunity to intern at my college town this summer too, but Im afraid if I stay at my college town I will become too dependent on him again and it will be too much for him to handle.I do have the opportunity to intern at my college town though.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you need to go home for the summer. Stop clinging to him.

nickygurl94

i think you already know what you should do. go live your dream and dont worry about a serious relationship for a couple of years.

Nicole C

You should try going home so you can find yourself and force yourself to be someone without him. He does not define you and he shouldn't so you need to think about whats good for you first. then he can come into the big picture. I bet he will be proud of you for doing whats best for you

Nicolas NiKrOhs!!!!

I didn't read all your post, but want to comment.You've not become weak because of him. Youv'e become weak because its what you've allowed yourself to become because of him. You make choices, we all do. The saying is true, people treat you the way you allow them to treat you in life. Quit allowing it, and people will treat you the way you want to be treated. I demand respect I get respect, nothing less. See how that works? You let people walk all over you, guess what, they'll keep walking.

Nicolas NiKrOhs!!!!

Go home for the summer. This relationship sounds like it is doomed

Nicola A

Been there, done that! Love yourself first. Its okay to love others but sometimes you gotta walk away! Create distance that way you cna learn more about you than him!which in the long run is very beneficial

Downloads
    Uploads

because of him??? saying it like that makes it sound as if you blame him, whn in reality your situation is completely your own doing. I suggest you go home this summer and put some distance between you to regain yourself & get into therapy to work on your dependency issues.

nicola z

make more friends, go do whatever it was you did before him. Take trips home, hang out with old friends. You need to stop being so clingy, it might also be very tiresome for him too. Mainly you need to stop for yourself. This summer, go home for a while, while you are there decide where you will live the rest of the summer. If you can at least.

nickste5

I think it's good you can see you have issues. The sooner you deal with them, the better.You have your life ahead of you....So be brave, and get to know yourself better! Please consider going to counseling or therapy. You need to understand why you have let him become so important in your life..and then do things to detach yourself from him. You cannot grow if you define yourself through him. Don't waste these wonderful years of your youth, because trust me- they fly by! And before you know it---you are middle-aged and when you look back and see that you wasted a lot of precious time you feel so sad! If you had dreams of travelling and doing things, focus on them and make them come true! Your life is yours, to be lived as you see fit.A big tree can never grow to be strong and tall if it is always under another one's shadow. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast