Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    melissa d

Feel like I'm being smothered, what to do?

sounds like he has separation anxiety. he may otherwise be a great bf, but he probably needs some sort of therapy to get over that. we all need some personal time. I love men who give you your space and I wouldnt have it any other way. Fortunately for me, just about every guy I ever dated feels the same way. Gotta have some time to yourself or you'll just go crazy! Tell him if he really cares about you and himself as well, he'll try to learn to deal with it and give you your needed space. Too much time together takes the fun out of being together. Then what do you have to look forward to?

Melis M

Hi. I know what you mean. I am sure you have already spoken with your bf about this. Does he have trust issues? Is he afraid that if you are not with him 24/7 he will lose you? This does not sound healthy to me. Maybe you could have a heart to heart talk with him about this. Has he experienced abandonment before? Sometimes you need to be away from each-other just so that you could have news to share with one another. He needs to have interests outside the relationship encourage him to join a charity group or maybe a sport group, something that he enjoys doing. Reassure him of your love for him and that he needs to trust you. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

i like my space 2 - i understand. sometimes i do stuff with my sister or a friend like: shop, see a chick flick, go outfor sushi, go to a baby shower, etc... you know like do stuff that he wouldn't possibly be interested in & if he is, then saywell my sister was hoping to spend time with ME. Try itonce or twice a month till he gets used to it & encourage himto go do something with a friend 2. It should help him build self-esteem.ps/ NO, of course its not wrong. it's actually healthy & it helps make us well rounded people when we are independently happy.

Meli C

Ok he has a problem often referred to as clinginess. This problem is more often seen in girls but is sometimes seen in guys. There are many things you can do, but once you decide you can't put up with him anymore, I'm sorry to say you might have to break up. However, this is not advisable since you seem to be in a very close mature almost ready to settle in relationship.1. Tell him how you feel, be like hey man, I feel like I'm getting smothered, can't I be by myself sometimes besides the 15 minute drives you have. 2. Encourage him to go out with his friends. If he worries about you tell him not to worry and eventually he will get used to leaving you alone. However, you should watch out because as he gets comfortable he might be leaving you alone to much. Make sure its some sort of a balance. I know him not spending enough time with you is the last thing on your mind since your problem is the opposite but make sure you don't let him do this.3. Get your own friends, go out of the house more.4. Increase those enjoyable moments you do have, like inter(u know), and all that other stuff.5. Give him a hobby6. Isn't he supposed to be occupied with school or a job. If he isn't then he isn't a very worthy guy if all he does is cling on to you. What's his education? degree?If he is pretty much not rly going for a skill job or trying for a college degree you should think of dumping him. But first try to tell him and encourage him to do something, if his problem persists then break up, its ur decision whether or not to get back together but try not to unless he's done somethings for himself and changed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234