Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feel like I'm being smothered, what to do?

No its not too much to ask for, and that may help him get out of his co-dependency situation or lack of trust. You should know what I mean if you are in this situation.

Melinda G

Tell him you need a bit of breathing space and that everyone deserves a little me time, and that doesn't mean if he doesn't see you for like an hour that theres your alone time. Even though your in a relationship with him don't spend every moment with him, it'll get irritating very quickly, give each other some space, but be honest with him. Nobody likes it when a person is wishy-washy

meli w

no-tell him to get a hobby like taking long bike rides or fishing or find some friends. everyone needs space. if i lived with my girlfriend i would want to stay away from her most of the time.

melissa

you shoulda thought bout that before you moved in togeva

melcw592

no thats not wrong evey girl needs her space i mean to be wit a guy 24/7 im not saying its bad its just that everygurl needs a gurl time just like a guy needs there guy time with their guys as long as yall have trust in each other there shouldnt be a problem because trust play a big part in a role on a relationship

Downloads
    Uploads

I completly understand. I have the same issue. We all need space and he just needs to understand. Just tell him you want to have your own time and just let him know that. Just be honest really. It's also a good idea to spend time with your girl friends too so you will have girly time. He shouldn't be offended but just let him know that.

Melfie

I dont think you are wrong at all for needing your space. everybody needs it from time to time. He really needs to realize that you dont feel right being with him all day having no privacy. Tell him that you love and you want to be with him but not 24/7 sometimes you want to spend time alone. Have you tried leaving the house on your own?

melisa_estlack

no it isnt wrong at all ur right we all do need our space and women r often more confident about being alone than men, men r often very insecure, and remember u have 2 b ok with ur own company before u can expect any one else 2 enjoy ur company, time alone helps us gain mental strength, try encouraging him 2 also start enjoying some time 2 himself and doing some thing he enjoys doing that u dont!!!mayb watching football or some other male thing and when he sees how much he enjoys it he will start looking for ward 2 time 2 hgim self also

Downloads
    Uploads

You didn't say how old you were, but I'm assuming your at least college aged if your living together. I think you need to talk to him about his clingyness and you need to let him know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it good just to tell them how you feel. If you keep it to yourself it will wear a hole in your relationship.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think next time you go to the store you should go to the mall and window shop for a couple of hours. There is nothing wrong with you having a little "my time". Some guys are so jealous if you are out of their sight for too long right away you must be having an affair. Explain the importance of this and maybe he will agree. Make a certain night or day a day to have your space. Remind him that " absence makes the heart grow fonder " . Good Luck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast