Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    melann

My dog ate a chocolate bar. Should I take her to a vet?

Don't worry about it. My dog, a small boxer, German Shepard mix, about 45lbs, was left alone two years ago on Easter morning while my family went to church. Not only did he eat a full size chocolate hollow chicken, he also ate two solid full size bunnies. He then ate pretty close to all the little chocolate eggs (yes, in their pretty little wrappers) and the Easter cream eggs (all three). This and the jelly beans, all the peeps, and marsh mellow thingamabobs. He didn't move very fast for a day, and had very colourful poop, but he survived. And I learn ed he could get on top of the fridge three days later to get the stuff I bought my kids to replace what he ate Easter Sunday. He's a really sweet dog.

Downloads
    Uploads

CALL THE VET AND THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO THERE GONNA TELL YOU TO GIVE HER PEROXIDE TO MAKE HIM/HER TO THROW IT UP.....SOUNDS FREAKY BUT NO LIE

Mele Kai

Since the dog is large and the bar was small she should be alright. Watch for anything abnormal.

melissa

No, even with 70% dark, a single bar will do nothing in a dog that large. Do CALL your vet, though and ask the same question: you'll feel better about it.And remember, grain alcolhol is toxic to humans but we can sure drink a lot of beer without dying. Chocolate is only mildly toxic to dogs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234