Should He TELL that he CHEATED?

MelanieBeth

Mar 13, 2008
The story goes: if there is a husband and wife in a happy marriage and the husband goes away on a business trip. Maybe has a little too much to drink or just has a lapse in judgement, and has a one-night stand with another woman and knows it was a morally wrong act. Does he have the obligation to tell her even though it will devastate her and potentially end their marriage? Or should the husband keep quiet and live quietly with the shame he has brought on his marriage? If an immoral act has already been committed does it do any good to be truthful about it and bring further harm to others, as would happen if the wife were told?

thats not right..he needs to tell her and get it off his chest. if he really oves his wife he'll tell her and hope to god that she forgives him..and if she dosent i dont blame her! besides he wouldnt want that on his chest for the rest of his life!

I don't know. Morally, he was wrong to cheat on her, but that he has the obligation to tell her is dicy, let alone the risk of the marriage. I would say that he'd rather tell than live a lie. Think of it what runs in his head every time he is with her. Think of him telling her now and then that his body is only reserved for her. But al in all, it's a tough call...^^(((<*>)))^^

Every body lies. A marriage is built on trust. He will bear the shame of what he's done, or add to it the shame of what he lost. That broken trust can never be fully forgiven. There will always be doubt. Keep the secret, bear the shame. Ask yourself, does she really want to know?

With the prevalence of AIDS these days he should tell his wife and go see a doctor and get tested, he could be giving her a death sentence.Besides if the marriage was that good then there should not be any lapses.EDIT Be warned, my friends but these things allways come back and bite you in the asss at the most inappropriate times, honesty pays, big time, and time heals all wounds. Ask me I know.

Well, if it's already been done - if you weigh the consequenses of the truth - I would say no. He should've been faithfull instead of trying to conceal the truth.

Well with Aids as A problem it miteWhat the eye doesn't see ,does not brake the heart

NoWhat good will that do ?Unless if someone he knows saw him then he needs to do damage control and tell her first.

I really do not know what to say here. I am actually trying to put myself in that situation and both options are going through my mind. If you tell, you may not be forgiven which may lead to a divorce which you don't want. If you don't tell, will you be able to live with that for the rest of your life. The only real solution is to stay faithful and true to your partner despite the hurdles that may come your way. Let's admit, there will be a point from the start where you know this is wrong and that you should back off. Listen to that voice and keep out of trouble. No lies needed and you will have a long and happy life.

There's is one thing I cannot stand and that is being cheated on. I have no guarantee it wont happen again, plus the man will be risking both our lives. I'd rather know and move on knowing I deserve better. I will heal with time, but then again I will live knowing I saved myself.Its just a no, no! I want to know...

I think that he has to be honest no matter what the consequences, what if he got a sexually transmitted disease..and the wife finds out years later,,,would that not be more devastating than finding out from the beginning....if she truly loves him, and he her, they will survive, if not, than it is better to move on...

NEVER ADMIT TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!but don't bring home a disease either!!!

The truth is always bitter, but it's better to tell it and asked God to take control because it could be disastrous when he will tell his wife, what is important is if he will not continue to cheat for another business trip.

I think he should tell - it is only right that she should know, he must face the consequences of what he did, be honest, it is better than always wondering what will happen is it comes out eventually - that will be worse that telling her immediately, and accept the decision you both come to

Back