Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

my friend just had a baby, i want to make her a welcome home basket?

More diapers. You can never buy enough diapers. And some balmex for diaper rash.

melanieinuyasha

Alcohol swabs, for the umbilical cord, Vaseline for circumcision if it was a boy

Downloads
    Uploads

Bismillah You should include, Soap, lotion, bubble bath, and other feminine products.

Melissa C

...maybe like her fave color of nail polish, chocolate, extra strength tylenol, if she likes to drink since she wasn't able to drink for so long maybe the little bottles of alcohol!? I don't know this is an awesome idea though good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

When my sister had her first baby i made her one as well. but i didn't want to focus on just the necessities because she got most of them at the shower.so i went to old navy and got her a short silk robe fuzzy slippers bath salts (for when she could take a bath she had a c-section) lotion face wash and the baby a couple of outfits because the bath stuff is something she didnt get at the shower. hope i could help!!!

melissa

Yes a homecooked meal!!!! i dont know about any other new mums what about a fresh meal basket.breadmilksandwich fillings, cheese/hamlots of fruit (you need roughage)tea bags/coffeeJust an idea as if any of my family/friends did the above i would be over the moon as it would save my partner poppin out to the shops straight away to get fresh food so we could enjoy the baby in peace for a few hours.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well hi there.I think that those gifts maybe thoughtful but maybe you can add things that include sweet little nothings like a box of fresh baked goods or a small soft pillow embroidered with cute phrases or maybe you can add a little humor to it. After all, it's a welcome home basket. Prolly you should consider a more cheerful and warm basket.

Melissa J

I think this is a GREAT and original idea! Not only is this a great gift for Mom it is also a great gift for Dad (remember Dad will be tired as well, even if he is not getting up to nurse the baby, he sill still be awake for it)I would also add Tylenol, Tucks (hemmroid pads)I agree with the other poster about hand sanatizer for visitors.Extra batteries for the camera (and TV Remote!)Maybe some good coffee as well.

MELISSA B

what a lovely idea......all those are definately much needed as long as she has not got it all already i think include something for mum nice pj's etc..... and dad too(they often get forgotten!!!!) maybe just like a sentimental gift to remember the day or you could film the homecoming and make a nice dvd of it and give it as a gift(something mummy and daddy may not have time to do) but would always like to remember!!!!home cooked food idea is great too..........what a great friend you are!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

baby lotion, baby bath wash, shampoo/conditioner for mom (like herbal essence or something like that), calgon (let Calgon take her away for a while), a big hershey bar, a bottle of tylenol, a small pack of bottles for baby (even if she is planning on breastfeeding - sometimes it just doesn't work out), some baby wipes and hand sanitizer! I received a basket similar to this and it was awesome!! She is blessed to have a friend as thoughtful as you! oooh and some of the blue bags (disposable diaper bags for poo diapers on the go, I got the bags and dispenser at Target, they have came in really handy).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast