Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Julian S

What is the Youngest age that children should be ...?

... should be before they go on a week-long cruise ship Vacation? I think under 10 they'll get bored and in trouble.

Julianne

Depends on what kind of cruise they are on. Some make sure to have activities and seperate play areas for kids. Others are adult oriented and not much fun for kids. Disney curises would delight any kid I'm sure!

Julianne

most of the ones under 18 will get board on week long cruise. if i was taking children on a cruise it would be a Disney line cruise. those are designed for children of all ages.

Julian Y

We took our daughter who was two at the time (just turned 3 this month) on a cruise to the Caribbean. They had plenty of activities for children and my daughter loved it. She had a blast, playing and interacting with everyone.We also took her on a Disney Cruise, she loved that more. So really, at any age.

Julian Y

There is something for everyone on a cruise ship,my son was 8 on his first cruise and we practical had to drag him off the ship when it was over. They love it! And you will love it too. Just go it's the happiest place on earth. BTW my son has now been on 4 cruises and has seen many places. Don't worry about the week long cause it will be the fastest week of your life. The bummer is going home and having to do stuff for yourself again. : (

Downloads
    Uploads

Depends on the child and the parents. Probably 6 onwards, they'll have more of a chance of remembering what a fantastic time they had.

Julie

I don't think kids under 10 will get bored on a cruise ship. They have so many activities for children on most of these ships that they might have so much fun they forget about hanging with their families. On Carnival they have Camp Carnival that goes from the tiny tots on up to those great teenagers.

Julianne

They will NEVER be bored on a DIsney or Royal Caribbean cruise! THey keep the kids soo entirtained you'll hardly see them(unless you want to) you can sign them in/out and they can stay all day in the onboard facilities or they can go for an hour it doesn't matter. My kids LOVE cruises and i love them too! It gives us GREAT relaxation. For disney and RCI they provide free service from ages 3-17. The babies have nurseries/babysitters but they cost per kid and are pretty expensive. Kids have just as much fun on cruises as anyone and meet great friends! I would reccomend taking any kid 3 and up! Trust me they wont get bored if you go on a kid friendly cruise!

Julian M

I would say 5. A week-long cruise isn't that long, and there is plenty to do on a cruise. Just tell them to bring a game boy along.Have fun !