Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    julian

HELP...vacation with Biological father and his wife...?

Ok so i just recently found my biological father (whom i have never met) and found out that he has been married for 10 years...i dont care about his past, or why it took 20 years for us to find one another....all i care about is the fact that he wants to get to know me, and wants to be as much a part of my life as i want him to be. He and his wife want me to vacation with them, and i have no problem with that...but they want me to pick the place...I was a military brat...so i have been all over the west coast, and from NY to NC on the east coast...as well as italy and Japan...He lives in Florida...and i guess my question is where should we go? I love to be around water, and i love to visit historical sites/landmarks...been to DC, Philly, and all the "Burg"s in VA....(williamsburg, gettysburg, jamestown...all those places) also I live in Vancouver, WA and they are going to pay for my travel....so i dont want to pick somewhere expensive...but i do want to go somewhere nice...

Julianne

I LOVE this! First of all congratulations on you finding each other and best of luck to you all. Since they live in Florida, and you like the beach/water go to Florida. St Augustine is beautiful; choose somewhere that you could have a bit of your own privacy when needed. Tell them to suggest 3 places, you pick 3 places, put the name in a hat and draw from the hat!! I dont think the place will matter, but the experience will be priceless. Another option is a cruise. We take two cruises a year and its our favorite way to vacation. Best of luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Disney World!!!! lolHave you ever visited Louisiana? New Orleans? There are Swamp tours, historical tours, ghost tours, festivals, etc.. Check this outwww.neworleansonline.comwww.neworleanscvb.comww w.concierge.com/destination/neworleans We just had the greatest time for St. Patrick's Day. I think the next event is the French Quarter Festival. Great food, free live entertainment, exciting, and fun!!! We also have Jazz Fest too!!

Julianne

Go to Disney.:-)My favorite vacation thus far was a windjammer barefoot cruise- not glitzy, but not roughing it...Actually, there were a ton of historical site seeing things to do, as well as some activities for getting to know folks (hiking, etc), as well as lots of r&r... Check out their website www.windjammer.com they have a newsletter that has great dealsCongrats on this- very exciting stuff! My birthmom found me a few years ago and I would love to do something like this with her but we both have other responsibilities at home right now.

Julie ♥

How about Hawaii, you can visit Pearl Harbor, my favorite island is Maui. A good time to go is in May or even December.