Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    meister

Cell phone question? (10 pts. for the best) : )?

Okay, so I want to get a bell phone..because that is my current cell phone provider and really like it. Except its time for a new cell, money isn't really and object- so i don't care about the price. I want to get a slider phone, NOT THE SONY ERICSSON my friend has it, and it gets horrible reception. So i was thinking the new ROKR K6m or the WHITE LG CHOCOLATE...which one should I get, give the pros and cons for both. PLEASE : )

meiji Ton

the new ROKR seems to have the most study sliding mechanism, so if you beat up your phone (like I do lol) your better off with the ROKR. I never was a fan of the chocolate because the hosuing of the actual phone seems kinda weak and I know friends who have dropped it once and did some serious damage. the sony erriccson phone sucks in all aspects lol

Mehde H

Alright, here we go.________________________________ROKR:Pros: Compact design; friendly user interface; decent multimedia device; Bluetooth.Cons: Memory card slot not accessible from the outside; voice activation system not that useful; hollow-sounding audio.____________________________________________-LG Choco lolPros: Decent battery life for what a phone like this is able to do. The Camera is excellent. I went to the auto-show, and this pictures turned close to professional quality. There's also a little mirror that you can use to take pictures if your looking at it from the back. The cam-corder loses a little quality but, "as long as you have memory, you can take it." If you didn't understand that, you can take videos as long as you want, as long as theres memory for it. But the longest i've taken was a 15 minutes video. Memory cards aren't that expensive and you can go get it so you have 2000 songs. No drawback to how the music sounds. Very customizable inside wise, like changing your background themes and stuff like that. Even though someone else said the signal wasn't that great, I found it did. In my family, I have the best signal (except for my dad who has a blackberry). I've even gone somewhere far away in the boonies, and I still had full bars. And this is a nice, portable phone to carry in general.Cons: It's kind of like an iPod. It scratches kind of easily, but luckily it doesn't show up as much as an iPod. Dents in it do when you drop it, so you want to keep it in it's case when your not using it. The touch pad (which doesn't apply to the keypad, good for some people, bad for others...), for people seems to be too touchy for them. Although you can adjust it to your liking. And, to access ALL of the stuff, you really need to look in the manual. I've found out most of it on my own, but theres some stuff I don't get.__________________________________________---------------------------------------------------------------- My Advice: Get the Chocolate since it not only looks sexy, but the hardware is also great and very popular. The ROKR is very plain and dull, but looks better in my opinion.