Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    nickjonaswife789

Cutting help, how do u clean the razr blade so u dont get an infection?

so, i cut and please dont bother saying stop because i wont, since im anyways going to cut i just wana make sure that i dont get an infection. so i was wondering how do u clean a razr blade before cutting. i really need help, thanx in advance.<333does alcohal clean?

NickJ_is off_the chain<3

I hope you really don't think people are going to truthfully answer this and infection should be the last thing on your mind. You need to go and see somebody.

nickk.jonas

You can't really "clean" them. You can wash them in *hot* water with some soap(make sure to wash it off really well). You should try to get new ones each time you cut, and even then you can't really be sure they're 100% clean.Make sure you watch your wounds for infection regardless if the blade is "clean" or not. Redness extending beyond the wound, swellling, painful to the touch are all signs of infection. You need to treat it with antibiotic cream for 2-3days. If it gets worse you'll have to go to the doctor.

Downloads
    Uploads

So don't stop and keep doing a very stupid act, maybe you'll be unlucky and cut something vital as for an infection, clean you cutting toy with alcohol.You say you won't stop? Why did you start, you're only hurting yourself, or has that thought escaped you?

NickJonasWifey♥

You can find all sorts of information about self-harm, including hygiene, at this website: http://www.siriusproject.orgPlease do consider getting some help.

nickthegeek15

so u want to hurt yourself by cutting but you don't want an infection?you only want to hurt yourself a little bit?it sounds stupid to me, and id tell you to stop, but i dont think you will. i used to cut too. iv stopped now, and id like to think i wouldnt do it again, but the only reason iv actually stopped is because when people found out i just about ended up in a mental hospitalif u really want to make sure you don't get an infection, get new razor blades every time, and clean the cuts with antiseptic

Nicksbabygurl

Buy sterile razor blades and through them away after each use is the best way.Failing that this doc tells you how to sterilze stuff:http://www.mhcs.health.nsw.gov.au/mhcs/publication_pdfs/669/HTS-669-ENG.pdfalthough you might be able to google better info.here's a website about signs of infection:http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/infectiousdiseases/infe4720.htmland here's some on self harm:http://www.selfharm.net/http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+self-harm.htmtake care, Jess.

Downloads
    Uploads

You could use a lighter to "burn off" any bacteria.But chances are you'd burn both your hand and the area you intend to -cut- in the process.

nicksaxwashere

Hey, I'm not going to lecture you - i cut too... i use anti-bacterial sanitizing gel or wipes - most supermarkets sell little bottles of this stuff and it kills like 99.5% of germs... so it's pretty safe. Obviously chuck the blade if it discolors or goes rusty...how you care for the cut afterwards is pretty important to prevent infection too...