Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Q, ESN or IMEI number?

I have looked under the battery and there is not a number labled ESN or IMEI. I tried the *#06#, that didnt work. Then I read that because it is a smartphone it doesnt have one of those numbers. Then on this web site http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/archive/index.php/t-19632.htmlI read that "Verizon uses the CDMA technology which uses the ESN serial numbers instead of IMEI's that GSM phones use indeed the Motorola Q does not use a SIM card, so it is not GSM."But this phone is through Altel. I need to check the number to see if it was stolen so that I can activate it or not! Would it just be better to take it to my altel store and have them do it? If it is stolen will I have any problems, legal, ect.?

Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola Q, ESN or IMEI number?

It's a long numberIf it is CDMA it will probably be 21 digits, all numeric GSM will probably be 15 all numeric digitson the label it may also be called MEID: with a number.I'm not sure what that phone calls it on the menu, but many have an option that will display it on the screen. If the phone will power up, look on the menu for an option that says serial number, perhaps.Alltel does also use CDMA technology. You could call an Alltel store and ask if they can help you find the number over the phone.If you take it to the Alltel store and it is stolen or reported lost they will probably keep it. But they won't throw you in jail.