Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Super Man

How can I block high bandwidth sites via my linksys router. What ports and high bandwidth sites do I block?

I use a linksys wrt54g router-switch in apartment build. we share dsl connection and bandwidth. I want to limit high bandwidth sites and other ports like ftp, nntp,

SupastarJG

How can I block high bandwidth sites via my linksys router. What ports and high bandwidth sites do I block?

you can block the protocols FTP and NNTP, but as far as high bandwidth http sites, they can not really be blocked unless you have firewall with more features.

supababe

Warning - use this advice at your own risk:Change the firmware in your Linksys router to a HyperWRT firmware. I don't think the Linksys firmware does a very good job at letting you configure the router quit this in-depth. But the HyperWRT firmware does. It lets you collect logs to send to SANS, and it lets you configure services and ports. Plus it lets you write startup and other types of scripts, adjust wireless power, and some other things.Don't do this unless you know what you are doing and are comfortable flashing your router with a third-party firmware.http://www.hyperwrt.org/