Recently I got a cat from a friend who could no longer keep him. He has a history of escaping the house and then returning the next morning. I have only had him for a few days and havnt experienced this yet but am worried that I will. Hes completely declawed and fixed. I also have two other cats he is not fond of yet. Im afraid that if he gets out, he wont come back here because he has only been here a few days and doesnt like the other cats. I was thinking of getting him chipped or buying a breakaway collar with a tag on it. But if nobody turned him into a shelter or vet, they wouldnt discover the chip. And if the breakaway collar broke away before hand, they wouldnt know to call me. I really dont want to have to put a collar on him. I was thinking about getting a boundarys spray and spraying it infront of all the doors. I also have a dog though and dont want her to be effected by it since she has to pass the door to come outside and go potty (not dog door, i take her out). Is there a spray that I can get that only effects cats? And that I dont have tl contiously spray in order for it to work? Is there something else someone could recommend? I want him to be 100% indoors like my other two cats. Thanks in advanced for the help.
I cannot lock him in a room every time the door gets opened.

1. Everytime? Come on.. Someone knocks on the door and im suppose to hunt for this cat around the house, catch him if hes caught onto the 'you get locked up when the door opens' thing, ect ect..

2. Im not the only one living with this cat. There are 5 people all together in the house who could open the door at anytine :/

--
We are trying to keep an eye on the sneaky little guy when we open a door. I really just want to know if theres an easier way to keep him in