I am the victim of gossip, lies, and slander on a public message board. Is...

Francois

Mar 17, 2008
...there anything I can do? Somebody wrote about me online and put my name in it several times. It was full of half-truths and some outright lies like I don't love my sister, and also saying and calls me names like skank and trash.

I have emailed the webmaster and they wrote back that they aren't responsible and they'll file the complaint and get to it when it comes up. In the menattime, all this bad lies are online about me.

They wrote my name, not my username and also the town where I live. Help!
They also wrote that I had an abortion which is UNTRUE but I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. They also wrote that I cheated on my boyfriend and didn't know who the father was and that is why I had an abortion and that is a half-truth. I did cheat but I did not abort.

first of all, nice name...

uh, try posting that what they are saying are not true... readers would then realize that they were just posting nonsense.

Nothing practical, sorry. I'd advise against making any 'clarifications' - don't act like you seen it online. Thats what the writer/libelous party wants most from you, a rash reaction that makes you look worse.

*sign* Chances are this is another teenager's high school feud? Consider a more...direct...approach dealing with the party involved.

Back