How do I change the language on DivX player?

LaLa

May 14, 2008
Yep, I do know how stupid this makes me sound, but it looks like I accidentally downloaded DivX player in German (I'm sure I selected english, but obviously not :/) I don't have any idea what it's trying to tell me, and I can't find anything online on how to change it to English. Is there any way I can do this without having to uninstall and then reinstalling?

same here i thought i downloaded it in english but its in german too.

Me too! What the f*** , maybe divx is for germans only :|:3_8_13[1]:

same here no matter what link i use to download it is always in german

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DivX\Install\Setup
Locale? en!!

hi. Divx isn´t only for germans. I downloaded it and installed it in france.^^ But thanx for help

hi. Divx isn´t only for germans. I downloaded it and installed it in france.^^ But thanx for help

Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DivX\Settings\player\general --> locale

de --> german
fr --> france
us--> united states
etc.
you may also change ....\divX\install\setup --> locale

To prevent it, you need to change the language on the first screen to german, then back to US. However, you can't do that after it's installed, meaning that it's a BROKEN INSTALLER.

Seriously, a change like that should be possible within the application.

I have it in FRENCH! and i don't understand anything:/
I know a bit of german, but no french:/

Thanks for the tip Unregistered guest.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DivX\Install\Setup
Locale? en

If there are people that don't know how to get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, you have to click "Start", then type "regedit" in the blank space and click enter.

same here except it's in spanish... and i DID click english... :3_8_14[1]: :confused: :3_8_13[1]::noidea: it is soooo annoying!! grrrr

you have to find every locale in any of the files/folders for divx under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DivX

just go through all of the folders for locale and keep double clicking on the folder for locale and change the "fr" or what every two letters you have for other language and put "us" for English

Back