Do you feel more connected to humanity because of the internet?

as sad as it is. i do. not very much. but without the internet, i wouldn't know about certain shows, video games, celebrities, etc that others know of.

I feel more connected to information and the keyboard. I feel knowledge is everywhere and more easily attainable....but the human(ity) touch is not there.

it does make me feel more connected to cultures and people i otherwise would never get the chance to meet or learn about. face-to-face interaction is in my opinion the best, but when that is not possible, then the internet is a nice second option. i mean, i can communicate with people on the other side of the world on the internet.

I definitely feel more connected due to the Internet. But I think it effects everyone differently. For people who disabled in some way (sorry if that is not PC) it is an amazing ability to be able to see images or talk with people who would wouldn't normally be able to. at the same time, there are many people in this world who really need to unplug and go outside and actually see another human in person. I say, everything in moderation, including moderation . ..

Thats why internet started, for communication between scientists ,then it was more widely used for general public.

yes - I do.I have mental health difference and this is a place i can play fearlessly. I can be open and tell my truth, be myself/ves without having to take responsibility for the other's well being.When I try to socialize in the 3.d world I am really poor at it because I pick up every part of what is being transmitted most of what people give out in a 3d situation is a lot of unaware leakage that they seem to be able to filter out at reception but I don't know how and get overwhelmed - But here I can think whilst I am composing and I can work out what people mean and I can take it neutrally.It is brilliant for me. I do have 3d friends who don't overwhelm because they can go slowly and are capable of self awareness and self processing but not many.Not enough to play.

With the touch of a button, I can see/read what people are thinking and talking about on a world wide scale therefor it makes me "connnected" to them.

Absolutely!Internet brings human connected around the globe. It made the connection easier and frequent. Imagine people around the globe regardless of distance help them connected through the aid of internet. It really amazed me because i couldn't imagine people will be talking to strangers and somehow brings closeness because of the constant communication that brings.Internet is indeed a connection to humanity!Thanks for asking. Have a great day!

yeh, the internet is great. were the first generation to have this much information at our fingertips.

Yes I do and this is why I become so upset when censorship interferes. Did you know if you live in China you cannot use yahoo.groups? Or that a lot of the information that is supposed to make the internet so wonderful is manipulated by governments and "intelligence" groups? Governments the world over are guilty of using the internet for their own political gains. Or at least to restict information they deem to be dangerous to their subjects.My connection to the world is constantly under attack and I never know when I will lose a website I need to stay in touch with family or friends...

Not Really, when was the internet invented, lets say in early 50s, do does it mean before that (invention of the internet) there was no connection within humanity? I rather feel more connected to humanity, when i met people at school, collg, uni, etc, from various background! Not because of the internet

Not more connected as on a deeper level, but a bigger more expanded connection. The more people I see on the internet the more I realize how much we all have in common no matter where everyone lives and what they do for a living. Deep inside we're all the same.

Back