Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Burkhart Kennels?!?

Hi, I'm new to this Yahoo Answers thing, so I really want answers from people who bought F1B Miniature Goldendoodles Puppies from Burkhart Kennels (Lovina's Farm), to tell me how there are and how much they are. Also, do you know their email?

Unregistered

Also Interested in Burkhart

Burkhart's Kennels

I am also looking for information about thier pups. Email me if you see anything please.

Sorry, didn't leave my email

keir Hood
    [email protected]

thanks

Unregistered
    My partner and I just bought a dog from Burkhart Kennels in Wallenstein, ON and we would not recommend them at all!!! The pictures on the website were nothing like the real experience. Most importantly, we did buy a puppy from these people at a hot discount because we were going to walk away at a price of 1500 (800 instead of 1500). Our puppy came home with an awful PARASITE that had him severely ill (intestinal hemorrhaging, vomiting, losing weight) for over a week, and only after a few hundred dollars at the vet did we figure out what was wrong with him. Turns out this parasite is from CONTAMINATED WATER (fecal matter in water). It's no wonder the water was contaminated though given that high number of puppies in such a small area. When we called to let her know that at least one of her puppies were ill (and likely more) the best she could say was "good luck with that". We also had to treat our older dog for this. Despite spending a long time picking a "calm" puppy, our puppy cried and yelped when he was fed....which seemed to go away after a few days of being in our home (you can draw your own conclusion about what this was about).

While at the "Kennel" (aka puppy mill), puppies were being 'temporarily housed' on the lawn in an enclosure without ANY water. We felt pressured the entire time by this scam artist woman who always seemed to have a trick up her sleeve for getting rid of puppies fast (e.g., after being there for 15 mins, she said to us to hurry up and choose one because another family was waiting for us to leave so they could see the puppies at 9pm on a rainy monday night (yah right), etc.). There were probably 20 adult dogs, all of which were housed in this old barn with no room to run or play. As soon as the puppies or the adult dogs saw anyone, they freaked out with panic barking. When we finally agreed on a puppy and were ready to talk pricing, we said we wouldn't pay 1500 for him, she got very angry and left us to 'talk about it' slamming the door behind her.

This woman is very good at making a sale, she has to be because she has so many litters of pups at once. It's no wonder she didn't realize our little guy was so ill, how could you notice with so many dogs? If you want a golden or labradoodle, there are plenty of family homes who breed them. This is where we got our first goldendoodle from, and the experience was 100% better than this one. If you want an Aussiedoodle, there ARE other people who breed them in the area, they just don't advertise as much. Track them down, because this experience has made me wish we had!

Unregistered
    I completely agree with your comment. Burkhart Kennels in a PUPPY MILL. Lovina Burkhart does not preform the genetic testing on her parents

Susan Peters

BURKHART KENNELS IS A PUPPY MILL

Lovina Burkhart is a COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDER OF GOLDENDOODES, LABRADOODLES AND AUSSIEDOODLES

Unregistered
    BURKHART KENNELS IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE OSPCA FOR HAVING FECES IN THE WATER AND CONTAMINATED FOOD SUPPLY.

Unregistered
    I did purchase a labradoodle from them. At 8 months she was diagnosed with severe bilateral hip dyslasia. On top of that, her immune system was compromised and she couldn't fight off infections and developed food and environmental allergies(these by age 3). I did receive a refund after she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. Sadly, I whispered my goodbye when she was 4. As for personality, she was the greatest dog I have had the pleasure to share life with. I wouldn't go back.

Unregistered
    Horrible standards. They are a puppy mill and do not care about their animals. After visiting I called the SPCA and they had someone go and investigate!

Unregistered

burkhart kennels

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Horrible standards. They are a puppy mill and do not care about their animals. After visiting I called the SPCA and they had someone go and investigate!
    HI WE WERE JUST AT BURKHART KENNELS MARCH 30TH I AM VERY CONCERNED AFTER READING THE REVIEWS WE ADOPTED A F1 GOLDEN DOODLE..SHOULD I CUT MY LOSSES AND RUN WE PUT 250 DOWN ????HOW DO I KNOW IF THEY ARE BEING TREATED BY A VET AS SHE STATED WEEKLY VISIT WITH VET?

Unregistered
    I just went there and she seemed very trustworthy but after the reviews I am getting a little worried. Lucky we didn't buy anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast