Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unregistered

Find my burkhart doodle died young

I purchased a standard doodle from Burkhart in 2003. Riley was a beautiful 85 lb doodle - absolutely gorgeous and non-shedding - with an incredible personality. He was very bright and a fabulous companion...really the best dog I have ever had and I have had several over the years. Riley seemed healthy but needed emergency surgery due to a twisted stomach at age two. I do not know if this was a genetic issue. Then, when he was 6, he had oral carcinoma. We spent about ,000 trying to save him...surgery, radiation, vet bills....to very little avail. I wouldn't trade my time with Riley but having my best buddy die so young and so wretchedly was heartbreaking. Riley died a few years ago and I am now carefully researching breeders to find someone reputable. I don't know if Riley's medical issues were genetic but, as wonderful as Riley was, I would definitely NOT!!!! take another chance on a puppy from Burkhardt.

Unregistered
    Burkhart kennels in Kitchener Waterloo is a puppy mill, she does not have a kennel license and she breeds the mothers until they are 10 years old which is a cruel and in humane practice.

Unregistered
    i would lose the deposit.... she refuses to show the results of genetic testing of the parents... in my opinion, she doesnt have the tests done.

Unregistered
    burkhart kennels is a puppy mill... too many horror stories from that place

Unregistered
    We bought a beautiful golden doodle puppy from Burkhart Kennels. She is 4 months old now and is a loving, well mannered and healthy dog. My experience with Lovina was a very positive one. Yes they have many dogs but from what I have seen they are well cared for and happy. The conditions are clean and where the moms and the puppies are housed is very clean. They have 11 children to help look after the dogs and the farm. It may be off-putting to see many dogs and people may classify this as a "puppy mill" but they are running a business and I found Lovina to be an honest and caring person. That was my experience and cannot comment on others experience.

Unregistered
    I also bought a puppy from Lovina (an aussiedoodle). She is a year old now and is healthy as can be. We have had no issues with her and her temperament is fabulous. We put the down payment on the puppy when she was only 3 weeks old. Lovina allowed us to go and visit her every week until the day we picked her up. We were never rushed and usually spent well over an hour visiting. When I picked my puppy up, she came home with the vet records signed by the vet listing everything that she had done. She also came home with a big bag of food and a brand new toy. My vet that she goes to now says my puppy is perfectly healthy and everything (joints, heart lungs etc.) looks great. I would definitely buy another puppy from Lovina again.

Unregistered
    I was just about to send a deposit on a westie puppy male but now after reading reviews I don't know , well, I guess I won't buy him now, thank you , Dan, july 13 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12