Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what's the smallest size 600cc sport bike (length, seat height, weight) ?

I'm looking into buying a sport bike, preferably a yamaha r6, or a gsxr 600. i heard the gsxr's are the smallest but i'd like to hear it from you guys. i'm 5 foot 6 & 135 lbs, i'm a small guy, have ridden motocross for a while now & am use to bikes but i want a street bike that i fit well on, & would like to see what yall have to say before i go & sit on them & see for myself. so what do you think would be a good bike, & no stupid *** answers. i'm only looking at yamaha's & suzuki's possibly hondas. thanks in advance guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go with the gsx-r 600 there pretty fitting for your height. i hope i could be of assistance. and if u have already ridin some form of a street bike go for it. and the gsx-r 600 has a seat height of 810 mm (32 in) and the kawasaki ZX-6R has a seat height of 31.1 in (789.9 mm) so either way just an inch but the kawasaki is lower but i didnt hear u say u were looking to get a kwasaki. those heights are from 2009-2010 models. and all my friends learned on a 600 and have never ridin before. there fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're all pretty much same/same. I challenge any casual rider to view a row of red zip-splats- with all the names and graphics removed- to tell which is which. That's why they're referred to as Universal Japanese Motorcycles-UJM.

It's all about cost, advertising, and presenting the latest high tech "golly gee whizzers". It's about convincing your soul over your mind that you need this machine!

It's called marketing.

Buy the one that cracks the biggest smiles for ya!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first bike was a gsxr600, I'm 5,11 and I think I fit it very well but really I dont think the measurements is the most important thing at this time because all street bikes have similar dimmensions.So, go with the most you like and afford .Ride safe ,knowing the machine and yourself, braking , accelerating,CORNERING etc ...

KNOWING IT, RESPECT IT BUT DON'T FEAR IT AND GOOD LUCK

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to have a hard time with any of the ones you listed being 5'6"
    The one you didnt mention was the ninja zx6, and it has the lowest seat height.
    If you've never ridden street, the bikes you listed are not beginner rider bikes. You might consider something smaller, and taking the MSF course before jumping on that much power.