Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

"00 Expedition 4.6 Eddie B Edition, what Exhaust to go with for my truck!?

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition V8 4.6 engine size Eddie B. Edition,

I want to change out my OEM Exhaust for a aftermarket one, i was told, if my "CAT" is good, jus go from "CATBACK" if not, then go from headers back, i really dont know if my "CAT" is good, i would only think so, but lets just assume that my "CAT" is fine, i have really power when i punch the pedal, so no escapes right? even though my gas mileage "SUCKS" (maybe like 12 MPG-city), anyway, i want a deep muscle truck tone, but something easy on the pockets also, even if i replace the exhaust system myself. (I have most tools)

I'm looking for advice/help on which is a good AND kinda easy on the pockets Exhaust system, but i do want something that will last me, also, what is the difference between a "muffler" and a "resonator"? which do i want to go with?

Do i have to cut n weld or is it pretty much hand tools?

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
    How about those mufflers you see like in oreillys and in autozone, some where dynomax, thrush, i flowmasters in pretty good, but its just the mufflers it self they selling, i would have to buy all the pipiing to right, and how do i find out the "INLET / OUT" size of my OEM muffler/pipes!?

Downloads
    Uploads
    um better quality will b if u weld the exhaust...will last longer...but u can clamp it and do ok ......

as for what to do i would suggest getting headers and high-flow aftermarket cat.......cat is only good for 45k as far as pollution goes.......but the reason to change to headers and high flow cat is if u get a free flowing exhaust u will get better fuel mileage and performance(of course u will have to keep ur foot out of it)

as for piping and mufflers u can buy factory pipes at any parts store.......but to get more out of ur truck u will probably need to go bigger in size.......
    ** check ur local laws b4 u start and see if dual exhaust is legal.....

** honestly tho in most cases u can get exhaust done at a shop or by someone that works in exhaust shop on the side for less or same amount of money it cost u for the parts......