Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do your bell boots do this?

I bought brand new Classic Equine bell boots for my soon-to-be barrel mare. I started having her wear bell boots after not waering them since November, and something weird happened. I noticed they were rubbing a bit, so I loosened them. They started rubbing the hair off, so I made them a wee bit tighter. They rubber her hair off and gave hr little sores on the pressure points. She has always worn these without a problem, and they are the right size. I don't know whats wrong! I'm just riding her without bell boots for a while until her sores heal, and I'm putting on medication. Has this happened to anyone elses horses or just Liberty?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The boots just need to get worn in since they are new. Idk how you would do this, maybe put some baby powder on them, or something. Maybe throw them in the washing machine. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I presume you can put these boots in the washing machine. Do that with some conditioner in and then bend the tops or whereever it is that you find they are rubbing.

Meantime as soon as the sores heal start rubbing Surgical Spirit into her pasterns right down to the heel twice a day which after a couple of weeks will toughen the skin around there. It is common practise when starting a horse back into work after time off in the girth area.