Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    melchewvin

My computer screen is blank...exept for the walpaper...?

Well, I opened internet explorer for the first time in a while (I currently use firefox) and when I did, Some weird programs popped up and installed themselves on my computer. Something called Trusted Antivirus...Sounds fishy to me =D...I ran the spy sweeper thing and got rid of all the program, but when I restarted my computer the icons and the bar at the bottom of the screen (With the start menu) disappeared! They came back, but only for a minute! I ran my antivirus program and it said no viruses were detected. However, every time I turn my computer on it does the same thing! The only way I was able to get on the internet is by clicking the icon before it disappeared. My questions are: What caused this? Why is it still doing it?and how might I go about fixing it!?!?!That was a few days ago, and it's still doing it! All of the weird programs are uninstalled. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong! The only difference now is instead of everything disappearing the bar at the bottom remains. However, when I try to click start, it gives me an hour glass, like it's loading or something, and wont let me click it.I also tried to delete the user account that this happened on along with all of its files...obviously that didn't work =DI didn't install these programs...like I said they installed themselves. I couldn't stop them in time =DI already did everything you suggested Daniel.

Downloads
    Uploads

You should probably do a system restore, and if the malware doesn't let you, do it in safe mode.And programs dont just 'install themselves', be more careful next time about what programs you run!

Downloads
    Uploads

that would be a few spyware causing that. what its doing is crashing explorer( you can restart explorer by bringing up the task manager by hitting alt ctrl dellete then hit newtask and type explorer.exe)... you can fix it by doing scans with programs like spybot and avg, and maybe do a system repair with your xp cd, or do a system roleback... to prevent this from happening next time make sure you do your updates and be more carefull...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hold down the ctrl key+Alt Key and tap the delete key twice.You will have the task managerClick file -> click New Task(Run..)Type in msconfig Press entergoto the start up tab and uncheck everthing there except you anti virusclick okyour computer will restart. do a thorough scan with the FREE Dr.Web CureIt! Utilityhttp://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/

Downloads
    Uploads

Step 1: Make sure that you have an up to date antivirus program. If you don't, install AVG.Step 2: Visit the Google Pack website, and use it to download Spyware Doctor.Step 3: Download and install ThreatFire.Step 4: Make sure to use Mozilla's Firefox from here on out. Also, install the Adblock Plus add-on for it.Step 5: Make sure that you have a firewall program on your computer. If you don't, install Comodo.This is just a quick summary of what you should do. For other recommended programs, and their optimal settings, visit my guide on the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can get to the internet download this program, the free version and will resolve our problems. (You can run direct if you wish, or when you start your reboot, start clicking on your keyboard "F8", until a screen open during boot where you will see "last good configuration", and "safe mode". Run this software in safe mode if you wish. I use a free software, Superantispyware that is light years ahead of any other antispyware. Will find viruses, spyware without any conflict to your own antivirus. Finds what all other miss or unable to delete. http://www.superantispyware.com Update and run an in depth scan. Being free, you must perform a manual update daily. Pls., excuse my English, not my primary language.Mind Doctor, France

Melchizedek

U can ask Microsoft MVP for help .They are professionals who volunteer themselves in offering helps to people encountering problems with their computer. My com was also affected by "trustedantivirus" last time but was resolve thanks to them. You can find they and ask for help in this forum.http://www.aumha.net/