Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: Guinea pig.?

Downloads
    Uploads

Guinea pig.?

My mum likes guinea pig's but she doesn't want me to have one.Does any one Know any tips to let her get me one?Also i have read loads of info on the internet.And I have heard that they prefer to live with other guinea pigs but can they live alone? What gender is better to have as a pet like which one is more smelly or which one is more hyper?Please help!?!? help me please!help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Guinea pig.?

best hve 2 females they dont like to be alone - kindest to give company to each - but lso hold & stroke them both on your lap & separately each day - as they like that & it will create a bond. u may need to sign a written promise to your mum that you will care for them twice daily so she doesnt have to do any chores! NEITHER SEX IS SMELLY - YOU SHOULD CLEAN OUT DAILY & MAKE SURE BEDDING IS FRESH & DRY. GD LUCK.

melamcan

Guinea pig.?

first of all. Yes they can live alone but its highly adivsable to keep in pairs.I have two males. They do have spits between eachother but they're happen.Both sexes dont smell if you clean them out.but males are said to be more friendly.but to be honest they both make good pets.

Melinda

Guinea pig.?

Guinea Pigs are awesome pets! Tell her how much you can learn from guinea pigs (school wise) and that they can learn who's their woner, because I've had my pigs for about 2 years and they squeak/squeal whenever they here my voice! Their just awesome pets!If you want to go for the least smelly 2 females is the way to go. Males usually are more stinky because of them leaving their scent, being around a female pig, etc.If you are going to get guinea pigs, try to make a c&c cage, they are the best cages you can get.Good Luck on getting a pig!

Melchizedek

Guinea pig.?

I have one female and as long as you spend lots of time with it it is happy I convinced my mom a couple years ago and you just have to prove you can take care of it. Have you had previce experience with pets. If not starty off with a fish

melchewvin

Guinea pig.?

if your friends have one try borrowing it for a few days to prove you can take care of one. Guinea Pigs can live alone they just need more attention from you. Males tend to have more of an odor than females but not much. and females can be more hyper, however a baby or a teenager of either sex will be more hyper than a older pig.