the internet is making things easier for those who want to kill!, agree or disagree?

M

Melanie W

I remember when i read a post about a kid(12 years or so)..in a forum ...he had lot's of links on how to make a bomb or how to kill someone!!!....so i checked those links and it really freaked me out!!!.....those sites were displaying easy methods to kill people!!!....btw am 20 years old right now...i was 18 when i saw those links!.....that was incredibly shocking!!!.....why don't parents raise their kids properly???....why would an 11 or 12 year old think that way???....what do you all think?? ps: btw i watch& read stuff about violence but i never did when i was a 12 or when i was younger! ~thank you~ =)

yes but when was the last time that actually happened?

Hun. Again I agree with everything you say wholeheartedly. Unfortunately kids with the will of anger, destruction and an internet connection leads to catastrophic events I could write more here but I just get saddened at the state this world is now in.

part of the problem are parents who let their young children have unrestricted internet access (or even worse, put a computer in their bedrooms) My mother would make me go outside and play if I spent too much time being anti-social. Looking back i'm glad she did it.sorry i rambled there... yes i do agree with u.

People with murderous intent will always find a way to take a life. Before the internet they could have gone to the library.

yes I agree but unfortunately we have freedom of speech for anything and everything and that would be censorship

Yup, agree... Parents' roles are important too, I mean, they should restrict and control the websites browse by their children... There are a lot of softwares to monitor and control the activities on internet nowadays, hope they fully utilize them coz a 12-year-old is full of curiosity and needs guidance from adults...

Though I live in a Democracy and freedom of speech abounds, I totally agree. You-tube is just one example that is easily accessible to everyone. I don't like how hatred is spread via the net either. To me, hatred is just as lethal as any bomb or weapon because hatred can be bottled up for years, then suddenly a person takes it out on society.

Back