Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you help me with this computer promlem?

Look. two months ago i got qwest high speed internet and it was awesome. it was fast n everything. but now it got slower. On youtube, the video stops frequently. Also, it takes a long time to vist other pages. And for some reason, sometimes, all of a sudden when i go to any page it says "cannot display page" and it wont let me go anywhere unless i restart my computer. I am really tired of this. What is causing the problem and how can i fix it? Can you please give me specific details on hot to fix it? Thank you all very much.

Downloads
    Uploads

call ur ISP

melikap1

Your pcs security could have been compramised by viruses , spyware, or keyloggers. I would say more of spyware because spyware are huge resource hoggers. They use up 3/4 of your internet, uses some parts of your ram and harddrive and is very well hidden. If you find that your modem is blinking when your not using the internet it probobly is spyware. Find a spyware remover and try eliminating it. This may work or not. Depends on what program you use.

melcw592

how many programs do u have running on ur pc -----that is what's slowing u down----- i put all mt stuff on an external hard drive an pull it u when i need the application--- that way am not burdened with the extra software running in the background----- move the junk----ur should have just basic operateing system ----ur os ---ur protection and just the basic apps u use nothing more ---i have my apps set to manual they dont load or run till i pull them up---- i store nothing on my main pc ---no music or pics i have a lot of free space on my h/drive ---am fast and free

Melchizedek

check your internet speedhttp://speedtest.net/make sure you have regular maintenance on your PCdisk clean up, disk defragementer, emptying recycle bin.or you can download CCleaner on the net that can free up more disk space.http://ccleaner.commaybe you have viruses that you are not aware of that might slow down your pc, make sure you have anti virus software and check your drive if infected.and/or for faster performance you can speed up your bandwidth by 20%Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC etcYou can get it back:Click Start then Run and type "gpedit.msc" without quotes.This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:Local Computer Policythen Computer Configurationthen Administrative Templates then Network then QOS Packet Scheduler and then to Limit Reservable Bandwidth.Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab i.e."By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.It works on Win 2000 as well.

Melanie K

have u installed any anti- virus software/firewalls ? Does it pop up when u take internet connection? Check these factors ..and fix it . if necessary upgrade the version of ur anti virus software.It may be the reason that is preventing the page from being displayed