Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Teens: does smoking put you off people?

If someone smokes, does it put you off being friends with them, or would it put you off liking someone (ie. as a bf/gf)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    um for some people it does, i guess it depends on what kinda friends you have, alot of people have gone off me now i smoke yet ive made a lot more better friends so it depends really x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Smoking what? Weed, no. Cigarettes, yes. But only if they smoke a lot, if you smoke maybe one a day that's okay. For boyfriends.

I don't mind if my friends smoke anything. Have at it.

Junior Member JonasBrosGreenDay101's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would definitley put me off, but I would not judge them because of that, but I will not surround myself with them or I won't hang around them. No, I do not want a friend or a boyfriend who smokes anything, or has bad habits.(:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't lyk ppl hu smoke as much as ppl hu dont, but i wuld still lyk em.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no not really, unless they smoke like around me or try and get me too like this lad i went out with. he kept telling me to have one, in the end i broke up with him - not for that reason tho.

but if they smoke around me i wouldn't really notice cause my mom does, and i smoked for a year but gave up as i was spending my lunch money on fags

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wouldn't want to be with someone that smokes. It would damage my health as a result of the secondhand, and I can't stand breathing in smoke for very long. It's noxious.

I hope that you find this as a good inspiration to quit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a way yes; I wouldn't personally want my boyfriend to smoke and if he did smoke then I would try and get him to stop because of how bad it is for your health

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honesty it doesn't put me off someone but it does worry me. Not so much of their health but mine, which i know is selfish but true. I also worry that i'll end up stinking of smoke and people could think that i do. it wouldn't put me off, i'd just prefer they didn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a really hard question.

I was furious when I found out that my boyfriend started smoking. I was mad at him for weeks. I wouldn't talk to him. I was only really mad because he lied to me about it.

As a general rule, I hate when people smoke

Then I realized he wasn't gonna quit. I've always found the smell of cigarettes comforting. My mother's always smoked. She smoked while pregnant also.

When he came home after Tech School, I asked him if he was still smoking. He responded with "The Marine Corps isn't a place where you quit."

I actually am totally okay with the fact that he smokes. It's his choice, not mine. He has cut back a lot. He barely goes through two packs in a week.

For one, I think it smells pretty good, gross I know but still.

Obviously, it hasn't put me off from like him at all.

If it were anyone other than him, yeah it would definitely put me off. But I'm not gonna stop loving him, just because he smokes.

EDIT: I don't like inhaling the smoke. I just find the smell of the smoke on his clothes to be comforting. It kinda mixes really well with his cologne.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast