Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    qwertyuiop

Where can I find a newsgroup, forum or similar where I can ask questions about United Nations Jobs or Careers?

I have been rejected hundreds of times in UN vacancies, although I have a very good resume (a Ph. D, two masters, 15 years of experience, 4 fluent languages, 9 years of experience in developing countries, etc). Since UN is unable to explain the reason of my rejection (since it is overflooded by resumes), I would like to know where on the Internet I can ask this question and get some (very needed) advice. This is very important for me.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Where can I find a newsgroup, forum or similar where I can ask questions about United Nations Jobs or Careers?

google

R & R

www.un.org/english/employement

r b

Why would you work for this corrupt, incompetent organisation called UN (United Nothings)?

wow what experiences and educational background you got? as far as i know you can apply directly to geneva human resource department. or apply in the regional office. vacancies depends on the availability of projects. there's a lot of vacancies in the third world countries. i wld advise to apply in the third world countries first just to get inside and then alter u can request for a transfer whenever theres an available positions. internal hiring is the priority in the UN.good luck.

qwid_pro_quo

A good resume and a lot of field experience is important, but unfortnately, you also need the opportunity. I don't know to which agency you've sent your cv, but I'm afraid that you have to continue sending your applications. The (UN) Agencies are not obliged to explain why they reject an application. They issue a vacancy announcement and reply only to those resumes that meet their requirements.My advice would be to continue sending applications and try to get in contact with officers working with those agencies that you are interested in working with. These guys may give you more specific information on job vacancies and tips.Good luck.