Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    L B

How Do You Have A Relationship With God/Jesus?

You've got to have the right type of personality and mindset, but especially faith.

Downloads
    Uploads

People have relationships with Dad's they never met. It may not be the ideal one but it is still a relationship. Relationship just means your are connected to. You can have a connection and never meet "face to face."Just redefining relationship for ya. Maybe that will help understand a spritual relationship.

L B

relationships aren't always based on face-to-face talking...you can always have affection through ur heart

L A U R A !

I talk to people on the internet I've never met face-to-face. It's all about faith. You have to believe that they are there. When you get saved, you will know God.

k_mo1984

First Just Like Any Relationship You Get To Know Them.JOHN 17:3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.You Get To Know Them Thru The Bible,The More You Get To Know The More You Love Them And Trust Them. This Is Building You Faith.And Jehovah Is Talking To You Thru His Word.And His Son Is Helping You By Explaining Him To You And Giving You Examples To Follow.You Keep Praying to Jehovah In Jesus Name And Keep Reading Your Bible And You Will receive answers and develope a relationship. (James 4:8) 8 Draw close to God, and he will draw close to YOU. Cleanse YOUR hands, YOU sinners, and purify YOUR hearts, YOU indecisive ones.

k_rod15

receive Him into your heart and then read His word and you will understand.

L B

They will. Not through human sight, you couldn't stand it, you'd die, but they will speak to you in personal ways that are undeniable. Faith and obedience are required first however.

L A U R A !

You first need to start with a prayer...verbalising to yourself and to God that you understand that you don't know everything but that you want to learn more about Him. Just asking for Him to help you soften your heart towards the truth and guide you as you search/read through the Bible. This will allow you to start to make a connection with Christ, the same way in which you would start any other friendship, by spending time with him, through His Word - The Bible and through prayer.Oppps Can't forget about having Faith - Belief in what may be unseen and just learning to trust in that faithHope That Helps

Downloads
    Uploads

It's like talking on the phone.... Seriously though... I talk to God and He listens. Then when I finally shut up and be still and quiet (as He tells me to be in the Bible); I hear Him. I hear Him by feeling promptings or urges to do things. It's like your gut or intuition... I follow these prompting and they turn out good ~ sometimes good for me and sometimes good for others. I have learned to trust in the Lord and follow Him. He knows this and uses me to help do His works. I am thankful that I have the opportunity when they arise. I've sometimes put off these prompting and feel disappointed in myself after the fact. Then if the opportunity presents itself again, I seize it and again - never fails; always something good comes of it.Faith is like a muscle.. the more you exercise it; the stronger it becomes. Eventually, you use it without even thinking. Like using your leg muscles when you walk; it is just a part of you.Pray to God.. just talk to Him either out loud or silently from inside. Heck.. you don't even need to formulate words or sentences; He's our creator and knows us better than ourselves. Simply open your heart; you have nothing to lose and much to gain.Blessings!

L A U R A !

I don't have one. I can't remember a single time that anybody like Jesus/God tried talking to me face-to-face or heart-to-heart. And, there's no point in trying to have a relationship with someone that practically ignores you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast