So Christians how are you going to preach your way out of this?

K

k_mo1984

Ecclasiastes 4:12Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly brokenif you're Ignorant then it means that a relationship with God is much stronger than one without GodNow lets look at statistics:Chance of DivorceBorn again Christians: 27%Mainstream Protestants: 24%Atheists & Agnostics: 21%you say we are vile and and corrupted and do no good but we divorce less than you guysWhy is this?When YOUR bible Written by YOUR god is the absolute truthI love how all of you are avoiding the question and not giving valid statementsLOL I like confusing you guys thanks for avoiding the questionand no thanks even if your god is real I will not accept him as my saviorAM-PM-MC:Thanks for answering the question

So Christians are still sinners? Okay. They're SAVED sinners. You can be one too.

Most Christians are intact NOT Christians in reality, the bible makes this clear.@Karl P.. thank you Karl, i though i was the only one who understood.

How many of the "christians" are really true christian to begin with??

Should those statistics, be fairly considered, if there are an unknown number of atheists, who do not get married, have children and then separate?I know more couples, that have not legally married, because they think that marriage, is a silly religious institution, they then reproduced, and consequently separated.So, if you would at least consider, that there is a large unknown quantity in your stats-that being the 'unmarried atheists' who later separated, you would have to admit that your stats mean nothing.Nice try, come again.(that's right, there ARE people here with brains!)So, to answer your question in overview?Yes, they do divorce less than the religious, because they get married less than the religious.Since their is no way of keeping records of every co-habitation that lasted more than six months (for the sake of argument), or that resulted in the bearing of children, the only thing we can look at is marriage statistics.Statistically, religious people (or at least people who think they are religious) are more likely to marry than those who think that religion is silly.I do personally know many people who have put marriage into the 'it's just a piece of paper' category.We must as thinking people, be able to acknowledge, that it is truly unfair, to try and use the statistics of marriage to bash the religious.

I don't think spiritual faith or lack thereof has any effect on REALLY how happy people are in their marriages. If you're unhappy you're unhappy - whether you believe in a god or not.

I never claimed christians were right. I only say God is right. Look at His chances for divorce, not ours.

First of all, those statistics really mean nothing to me without citations. Secondly, we sin just like everyone else. The Bible is the absolute truth and like it says, we are sinners. God isn't keeping score of sins between religions. He looks at the heart.

There are Christians in name only, who don't even believe that the bible is the pure and perfect, inerrant and infallible word of God, who don't believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, or that he was resurrected from the grave, and they don't believe that Jesus is God, so why are you judging the bible by those who don't even act like they believe in it?

Would it really matter how I answerd your question? Would it change your belief to one of God? If not, why waste my time?

Many Christians are broken people, and broken people, no matter how much they believe in God, and at various stages of their healing process, sometimes just can't overcome their brokenness (yet?), and it carries over into their marital relationship. I'm not trying to preach my way out of this -- I think divorce is a tragedy and I wish we could do better.(Imma eatchu) Peace.

statistics are like opinionsI do think the rates are too close though and a sad testimony of modern Christianity. many are called, few are chosen.that doesnt allow you to judge if they have truly given their hearts to ChristGod will judge dont worry Or maybe you should

Anyone can type numbers. There are good and bad in all people. But we are all children of MY God and we all are in the same boat. So there is no need to try to prove any points when Jesus will come soon and prove it to everyone of us anyway. I pray you are ready.

where the heck did u get your stats????and any ways "CHANCE of divorce" is not ACTUAL divorce.you love us so much that you bothered to look your facts up. I'm very happy that the word of the Lord is entering your heart.[ =

1. Christians don't preach their way out of things. Hypocrites do, generally.2. Christians don't think atheists are vile and corrupt, just incorrect about certain things.3. Those numbers are for Rates of divorce, not Chance of divorce. If your source says chance, try again.4. The margins of errors for your figures there probably overlap.5. No numerical figures other than the percentages makes for sloppy reporting. How many Christians get married versus how many Atheists, for starters? What ages do people in the different groups get married. Your contention of Christian hypocrisy is totally unfounded with the evidence you have. Very irresponsible for you to come with just this.But given that your figures are accurate, this proves little, other than some Christians fall short of their goals. Big whoop, we already knew that.

The problem with statistics is that you don't get a very accurate glimpse of the people. People may claim to be born again Christians or protestants, but do not actually practice what the Bible teaches or actually follow the teachings. Very problematic.

Matthew 7:1-5“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Bluntly,Why would satan work his way into the homes of the nonbelievers?He does way more damage in the homes of christians, he doesn't have to worry about the non christians.Can you post the link for your source please?

Yes the divorce rate among those claiming to be followers of Christ,is shameful....Do you have similar statistics concerning the subjects of:Drunken driving,substance abuse,abortion,domestic violence,suicide,theft?....too tired to add anything else..

Back