Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

am i in an abusive relationship?

i'm 18 years old and i've been with my boyfriend for a year.he's the first guy i've ever been with and i fell in love with him last summer. sometimes he gets this evil look in his eye and he will start like, shaking and he will grab my arms really hard and squeeze or grab my face and squeeze me. he has picked me up and thrown me, pushed me over, even pinched really hard and left a mark. once he threw a chair and it hit my leg and left a bruise. i'm scared to tell anyone or do anything about it because i dont want him taken away from me. i love him so much bit im so weak and it scares me to death to think about it getting worse.

Downloads
    Uploads

do whats best for yourself and TELL SOMEONEthis is not normal or healthy. YES you are in an abusive relationship.please so whats right for you. <3

k_rod15

well...you say he abuses you, yet you say you love him so much and dont wan him taken away form you? I think you need to make up your mind, He's not going to change EVER, so...honestly.....give up, and lose him. Like you said, It's only going to get worse, and you guys have only been together a year., Yeah, I say leave him before he puts you in the hospital or into severe depression.......truuuuuuuuuuuust me, this is the last thing you want, and need.

k_mo1984

Yes this is abusive. Noone deserves to be treated this way. You are still so young. Don't settle. Ask yourself this question. Would you want your best friend in this situation? Talk to your friends and family. You will need a support network. Stay strong!

k_rod15

You are!!! do you have anyone that you can trust to get help from. Call the police if it's getting out of hand, make sure you have your cell phone and keys with you all the time. If you still want to stay in the relationship, have a plan to escape if it's getting worse.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it is. If you're being hurt in any way by his actions then it is abuse. If you're questioning this - especially to others - then you already *know* it - you need to get away from him. This isn't real love and you won't find it until you are away from him. Also, at eighteen you don't NEED to be in love. It may feel like it - I'm only a few years older than you and it sometimes feels that way to me, especially seeing how others are in the world - but you don't need to be. Maybe you should try taking a little time for yourself to clear your head.Good luck!

k_mo1984

he doesn love u, that's for sure. he has no respect for u n for ur emotion. n ur so young. the first thing u should do is to stay away from him as much as possible, i mean break up with him. even if u do hav a soft corner for him, he might harm u more some day. so save urself.

L G

You need to get away from him... you aren't in love with HIM, you are in love with love.... How could you possibly love someone who physically abuses you?He is very violent... get out before you end up in the hospital or worse.

k_rod15

Get yourself some help. Be able to defend yourself and know that you're okay even through this. Then, if you do really love him so much...report him. Get him the help he needs too if you want any chance at a future with him.And if he says no...love him from a far and get the hell out of dodge. Your life is more important that teenaged love.

Downloads
    Uploads

I feel so sorry for you. I definetly know what your going through. Listen, you feel like you love him so much because he has tricked you into thinking that he needs you or visa versa. But the truth is that all you need is to tell someone about it and try to stay away from him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast