Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    freakola?

Downloads
    Uploads
    um all i can think of is "Average Teenager"

This description is matching like 20 of my friends and me in the 6th grade. Try to make her not so ironically structured and then i would be happy to help you slap a label on her.

FIRST NAMES:
    First names are usually where you can get creative since they don't have to hail from that persons culture. EXAMPLE: My moms Arabic boss is named 'Ned' but his last name is Shabnam. His first name has absolutely nothing to do with his heritage yet his last name does. A persons first name can have a meaning IF you feel it should but most matured readers find it a bit 'suspected'. So your description having a name such as 'Lilith' would be extremely predictable. A name like 'Febe', not so much but remember that your character can have nicknames and nicknames on the other hand can be quite ironic. EXAMPLE: Mine is Blondie and sometimes Kitty. Keep in mind that no parent knows what their child is going to turn out like so that is why most feel that their names would be most realistic if they were not given mainly from their meanings. EXAMPLE: My name is Kassity which is Celtic for curly headed. My hair is bone straight. That is a great example of a terrible name placement.

MIDDLE NAMES:
    Have the same bounds as first names. You can be creative with them.

LAST NAMES:
    Last names are almost ALWAYS based off of family culture and heritage. EXAMPLE: My last name is Higgins which means Viking in German so you could only imagine where I hail from and what my ancestors were like. You can expect to see an Italian family with Marionetti as their last name and a German family with MiddleBrooks as their last name. Usually last names are handed down for generations and even centuries so using modern names is unnecessary. Last names may have a meaning if you'd like where as mine means Viking, it is obvious my family line has history of Vikings. Be aware that both male and female subjects are likely to have the same last name so having a last name given strictly by meaning could be degrading for either gender. A last name meaning 'Beautiful' wouldn't be very joyful for a male to have just as 'Manly' for a woman.

This is YOUR book so if you feel your characters names need to mean something ironic then go ahead. Most would advise you to keep it as realistic as possible. I wouldn't find a book about war with a main character named 'Gun BloodSlayer' very serious.

Hopefully I didn't come off rude. Hope i helped.
    =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Raven
    2. Rose
    3. Venora

Downloads
    Uploads
    Georgia "George"
    Regina "Reggie"

Victoria "Tori" "Vicki"

Downloads