Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with website form/programming/php?

Not even sure how to phrase the title of this question!I run a blog site with photoshop brushes for download and sale. The brush sets are free for personal use, but to use them commercially you can buy a license.At the moment I have to manually make out a commercial license for people every time,and then i send them a paypal invoice. takes up a lot of time..What i'd like is some system whereby they pay (still with a paypal buy now button i guess) then they get redirected to a form where they enter their details and then a personalised license is produced from a template file or page. They then save that page as their license. I guess the page would have to be somehow secure so that they coudlnt just share that link with others. (though the license is only valid along with the paypal receipt)Where/who can i go for help with this? Do i need a programmer or what? im afraid I don\'t even know where to start .. PHP, flash? Im not great with code stuff!Any help appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

PHP would most likely be your best bet. It can take form data and compile a text based license that can be included with the final download of the set. To verify that they have a legitament copy and not duplicating a license you could have the PHP script generate a random serial number that is included with the license that is also stored in a MySQL database on the server with their license information. That way if someone claims to be a license owner they can be looked up and compared to the supplied informaton, if they are using a duplicate/invalid key then you would have evidence against their use of the product. Additionally since the key would be randomly generated it would be impossible to dupe. You will want to make sure the license script is only accessible from a secure page to ensure that somebody doesn't just run the script to generate a key for themselves without paying.I would hire a programmer to make sure everything is legitimate and secure. A project of this caliber isn't very daunting and I wouldn't expect it to be too expensive.

secretsecret16

May be you can contact a PHP expert live at website like http://k.aplis.net/