Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Meow

Can you believe Obama's words that he turns to pastor Wright for spiritual advise not political in 20 years?

Last time, he mentioned that he consulted his inspiration pastor Wright before deciding to run for President. Now, he has varied that it was only for spiritual guidance. The fiery pastor attacked America for the 9/11 terror attack. Obama refused to wear the 9/11 flag lapel pin. It seems that there is some harmony. After the offensive Wright sermon, Obama is now trying to save his political hide by denouncing his "uncle." 20 years passed and still going, what took him so long to denounce his pastor's views? He had been listening to inflammatory statements of Wright from the pulpit YET it took him only NOW after they were published.Do you think he is sincere in his denounciation?ssp, the pastor was campaigning for obama in that sermon and his pronouncements are more political than religious. I guess, you can differentiate these things.

Menace2NYC

Can you believe Obama's words that he turns to pastor Wright for spiritual advise not political in 20 years?

Yes.Everyone needs to stop trying to judge Obama. He is not his pastor. He still has my support. I am amazed at some of the people who claim to be Christians and type some of the things they do, about another Christian. There is so much stone throwing. Think about it, if everyone had to keep up with everything your mom, dad, friends, family thought or said, we'd all be up to our eyes in it. Judge not lest Ye be judged. The way you treat your fellow man, is the way God will treat you. If you judge harsh, you will be judged harshly. Think about all the things you have said and done in your life that have hurt God or disappointed God or angered God. Sure, you say, "Oh, I haven't done anything that bad." Well, maybe not in the eyes of other sinners and imperfect men, but God is God and you have offended Him. Just think if God pounced on us and turned his back on us everytime we messed up. Wow! I don't even want to think about it! And the other thing that puzzles me is why so many are upset at Obama for what another man, his pastor said. He is not responsible for that. He doesn't believe all that. I know, "But how could he have been a member of the church for 20 years and not be affected or share those same beliefs?" Easy. Think about this...President Thomas Jefferson, grew up in a time, a society when fellow men were thought not even to have souls, treated worse than mangey dogs. But something in him knew slavery was wrong. He tried to end slavery, but could not. Lincoln and many abolishionists grew up in those times, and I'm certain they heard lots worse than what we did on tv from the pastor, but they put an end to slavery, even being raised in that environment. The slave trader who wrote Amazing Grace, look at that profession and look at how he denounced his old ways. More recently, Dog the Bounty Hunter and household, said they always use the N word, etc. His son grew up in that household, & doesn't hold those beliefs. He has a black girlfriend.Obama 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meonlyme

no, he is not sincere he just wants it to go away long enough for him to win the nomination, he is not only a friend of Wrights but his daughters are the god children of Rev Wright, this is not a casual relationship, IF Obama was so opposed why did it take him 20 yrs to figure this out, does anyone give any of America any credit in seeing through the obvious coverup?

menehune_808

I have no reasons not to believe Obama. Unlike Hillary and McCain, he hasnt been involved in scandals. (Google Keating Savings and Loan scandal and whitewater.)I am not voting for his pastor. I am voting for Obama. I like the fact that he passed legislation in Illinois insuring 150,000 people. I like the fact that his good judgement allowed him to speak out against an unjust and ill-advised war in Iraq when so many others, like Hillary supported it because it was the popular thing to do, regardless of whether it was wrong. Let's get back to real issues like Health Care and the War in Iraq

Mendo

I don't believe a word he says..................

Mercedes

Heck No!!!. He is trying to become President of the United States Of America.!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

We all have family and friends who believe things that we don't really believe. Hillary has friend who want abortions rampant and gay marriages legal. Get over it.Politicians will lie and align themselve up with the people just to get elected.Then they do what they want.The real concern is the damage that is being caused to the Democratic Party. And Hillary should have enough advisors to see this. If she was the more experienced Politician , she should see that this fight is causing more damage than any Good to determine who is the better candidate.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm torn on this one.I don't think that Obama truly thought the US was asking for 9/11, nor do I think he wanted people to die the way they did. I don't think he's quite so radical.On the other hand, I don't believe that he never heard this pastor saying any of those things. I don't believe that he disagrees with everything he says, and I don't believe that he would have denounced the statements had it not been such a big deal suddenly in the press.I wonder how long it will take him to denounce the next thing the press throws at him, now that they're finally waking up from whatever hypnotic state they were in-- the press is supposed to look to be objective and probing on everyone, and they've left it for Obama almost too late. I wonder if they'll find everything now in time for the people-- and the super delegates-- to REALLY see what he stands for.

Downloads
    Uploads

Actions speak louder than words... Birds of a feather flock together...Choose your poison..

Menace

No, he''s already shown that he's just as much a racist as his pastor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast