Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    menisk8chick

Are you Obama supporters really turning on him now? Have you no shame?

I attend a black church and my pastor doesn't say anything political, it's not the place for it. He talks about what is affecting the black community, not racist crap Wright was saying. He also doesn't tell us to vote for Obama because he is black, that would be just as bad as saying you weren't voting for him because he is black. I don't know about the black church being a marketplace of ideas, we mostly talk about God. EDIT: Just saw the msnbc interview; Obama didn't like what he said but didn't say he told Wright to step down, he said he was close to retirement and going on sabbatical. I'm sorry, if one of my advisers said things I didn't agree with, they would not be my adviser any more. If my friends said they hated blacks or whites or children, they wouldn't be my friend any more. I choose friends because they share my ideals and beliefs and morals. Otherwise, they are simply acquaintances. Whether you like it or not, people judge you by who you hang around.

Mercedes

I get what you are saying, but in no way understand your main question. Why do you think the attacks on Obama are coming from his supporters?

Mencken

You're missing the point. Obama is running for President of the U.S. He attends a church and the pastor is not only his spiritual leader but his ADVISER and he hates America.If I went to a church that openly preached hatred against gays I shouldn't be running to be the president of PFLAG. Get it?

Downloads
    Uploads

We cannot get along when people like you want to excuse Black Supremacist Racism. Anyone who excuses the teachings and preaching of African-centrism and Black Supremacism of Trinity United Church of Christ are themselves Black racists!There is no place for Black or White racism.Obama failed to walk away from Jeremiah Wright or repudiate Wright's comment at any time prior to tonight. And tonight he would only repudiate the comments which have come to light this week.See the interview: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23640119#23640119

Meni A

It is the media making it into a race issue. The preacher said the Lords name in vain. He is supposed to set an example.I dont like Barack Hussein Obama because he seems to be pro illegal immigration. He voted against cutting funding to sanctuary cities.

Mendo

I have been to black churches where they only preached about Jesus Christ and not racism. I do not understand how you can say that this is common for black churches to be racist.

meowpotatoes

If a white minister did a mirror image tirade against blacks, would you vote for the candidate that holds him as a 'MENTOR'?Whites don't like that kind of talk when whites do it. We don't call that kind of speech cultural ideas for the white community. This isn't the early 1900s anymore. We don't like it from us and we don't like it from you. We don't apologize for our pastors when they do it. We fire them. You shouldn't try to put it in an acceptable context when yours do it. It is unacceptable.

mer.

White America doesn't want to acknowledge. There wouldn't be a black church if whites didn't discriminated and didn't want blacks to go to "white" churches. I don't like this negativity either especially coming from other democrats. Obama's church or pastor is not running for presidency. Barrack Obama is. I am also tired of all these lies being spread on the net and media about Obama. Go to Obama website and research information for yourself. Instead of hearing and believing others. There's always two side to every story. Some people are scare of anything that new and fresh. That's Barack Obama. I don't want another either years of Bush's policies. I think Hilary and John McCain will go in that direction. I believe Obama can take America in a new different direction. I was a Hilary supporter until Bill Clinton brought up the race card. That turn me off. Plus, the way she has been attacking Obama negatively. I feel she is very disrespectful to Obama. She has played many dirty tricks in this campaign. She lied and said there will be an Clinton/Obama ticket. She has darken his image in one of her ad. I didn't like the remarks Geraldine Ferraro made. She said that Obama would not have made it this far if he were white. Than Hilary didn't fired her on the spot. She didn't denounced or rejected Ferraro. It took Ferraro 10 days to resign. Obama's church wouldn't be in the news if Obama wasn't running for presidency. We live in a society where people of color are treated like second class citizens especially black people. All this fighting between democrats will make a easy win for McCain. FYI, All these politicians have dealing with special groups and lie. McCain has association and ties with Bill Cunningham and John Hagee. I am sure Bush have ties to white supremacist group too.Too Sense: Bush Invites White Supremacist to The White House... At the heart of the rush to war in Iraq, and it continued support among the ... For example, he has advised Bush to adopt "the whole idea of mass internment ...http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/67927/Ron Paul Receives Endorsement of White Supremacist Group

mer&der4ever

i agree. Everyone is going to say something that everyone does not agree with. If my best friend says that she hated children, i wouldnt agree with her but i'm not going to hate her, or stop being her friend. That is her opinion, i will tell her i dont agree with it but i will always appreciate what she has done. Many pastors do not believe in the United states because of how it tries to become lord and goes against what the bible preaches. People just need to let it go!

Downloads
    Uploads

I tend to agree with you. I am not African American. But I belong to a church where I have heard many different preachers preach over many years, and I have disagreed strongly with many of them. But I still associated with lots of the people I disagreed with, and I still paid out money in tithes to my church.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12