Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Meow_Mix_Master

Can anyone help me choose a topic?

That is the assignment, I need an Indian tribe for section 1 and section 2. I would just like suggestions so that I can start on my assignment.Native American cultures Section one: Select any PreColumbian native American culture of the Southwest United States and discuss that tribes social, economic, and political characteristics. Section two: Select any Pre-Columbian native American culture of the east coast and discuss that tribe;s social, economic, and political characteristics

Downloads
    Uploads

I would just google those two "tribes" and see what comes up and go from there. good luck!

menisk8chick

You should be able to find a lot of info on the Anasazi (ancestors of the Hopi and Pueblo Indians). East Coast is a little harder. The Creeks and Seminoles were descendants of an Indian tribe whose name I can't remember. There was a tribe called the Apalachi or something similar. But I don't know how much info you'll be able to find on that. Maine had the Penobscot, the Kennebec and the Wawanoc - but again don't know how much you can find on them. Too bad the "east coast" doesn't include Ohio - because there's a ton of info available about the Hopewell tribe - I've visited their mounds and museum. The Hopewell Mounds is a good source of info about that tribal group. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would go with ur first choice because I find it would be more interesting plus would have more information pertaining to it.