Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Obama also now have to explain Rev. Wright's comments to the NY Times a year ago?

Today he told us he really just learned of the controversial comments made by this pastor. Poor beleaguered Obama just found out and is pained and angry.What does the following mean then?TODAY:"Obama wrote that he's looked to Wright for spiritual advice, not political guidance, and he's been pained and angered to learn of some of his pastor's comments for which he had not been present."http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080315/ap_o...A YEAR AGO:This appeared in the NY Times. Seems Mr. Obama knew a lot about the tenor of Wright's sermons and his anti-American beliefs, at least that's what this quote seems to mean. Or can someone here spin this enough to make an excuse?“If Barack gets past the primary, he might have to publiclydistance himself from me,” Mr. Wright said with a shrug. “I said it to Barack personally, and he said yeah, that might have to happen.”New York TimesBy JODI KANTORPublished: April 30, 2007http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us/pol...Toyou:Smear campaigns require something called "smears." None of this is smears, it's all factual. And no one is going to "give it up." Unless it's the Obama supporters who will have to give up living in denial sooner or later.The Goddess:If I were in as much denial as you are I sure wouldn't be calling other "dumb a**es." But I'll give you a break, it must be hard to find out that your hero has feet of clay.lauri:Right now I don't care about John McCain. If you wish to discuss McCain please find a question regarding him, or ask one yourself. This is about BARACK OBAMA.tangerine:Sorry about that link. If you are interested in finding it though I found it by Googling "Rev Wright New York Times 2007 interview."tangerine:Following your train of thought about religion, politics and church makes another thought come to mind. I think this highlights the danger of mixing church and state. Having a spiritual mentor is 1 thing, but when that mentor cannot separate his religion from his politics, and then has to drag it into his sermons, it becomes more than a little foggy when you then go back and try to separate the two for political purposes as people start asking questions they are certainly entitled to wonder about. I think Obama has a long way to go yet to fully explain himself and this debacle. This is going to hurt him badly. You know I'm a Hillary supporter, but I planned to vote for Barack if he got the nod. I'm not happy about any of this, just disgusted and disheartened and scared to death my choice is going to be btwn Obama and McCain when I don't trust Obama any more and McCain is just a continuation of Bush. I'm listening Obama, but what u have said so far about this is lame.

mer&der4ever

Will Obama also now have to explain Rev. Wright's comments to the NY Times a year ago?

No.Barack will simply say "I was unaware of those comments. I repudiate them now."Just like he sat in a church which teaches and preaches Black Supremacist ideologies but he did not know about it till this week.His denial of having ever heard of these kinds of statements from Jeremiah Wright are laughable. For goodness sake - Rev. Wright was and is Obama's mentor and spiritual advisor - Wright introduced Obama to the Black Jesus!Damn - if Billy Graham had been a member of the KKK, he never would have been visiting the White House.Obama is on the way down. He can plant a garden in the land he "bought" from Rezco.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the year-ago quote gets out there again -- and it probably will -- then I don't see how Obama can claim "I didn't know he was like that."Stick a fork in Barack Hussein Obama. He's done..

Downloads
    Uploads

he was siting in the pew, while these statements were being said. how could he not be aware and supportive of his church.

Downloads
    Uploads

The minister knows some of his stances are controversial. I don't think it creates any new issues for Obama.

MentalCaseMaggot

yes this is old news but coming out now since the rev. Wright made all his sermons on dvd's for sale..his money scheme has backfired on him and brought his racism to light but many were questioning it long before, the media just ignored it until it slapped them in the face.Obama says he never heard any of these sermon or what in attendance when any were made. i think that he is lying big time.Obama's Church: Cauldron of Division Jim DavisThursday, Aug. 9, 2007 http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/8/8/194812.shtml

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been for Hillary all along but I have to admit that this is disappointing for me. I never thought obama was a bad guy - just inexperienced...but his message of hope and change seems so positive - it makes you WANT to believe that he truly can make a difference.i just hope that Hillary wins and no one gets shot.

memyselfandi

Ha ha. What a moron (Obama, not you). He honestly thinks people will believe that he didn't know about his pastor. He is more delusional than his blind followers. That was uncool, I shouldn't have said that about his supporters. I think I'll keep it here anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smear campaigns don't last forever. Give it up.

MentalCaseMaggot

Of course he will deny it, but that still doesnt sit well with the people, so we will see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast