Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Obama also now have to explain Rev. Wright's comments to the NY Times a year ago?

You dumb ass..he said he LEARNED of these statements at the Beginning of his campaign.....LAST YEAR..

Downloads
    Uploads

Will Obama also now have to explain Rev. Wright's comments to the NY Times a year ago?

interesting...

Downloads
    Uploads

What is with everyone and not looking at the other Reverends that are endorsing McCain?Let's see, we have the one who says that Katrina was God's wrath for homosexuality. All Muslims are programmed to kill Christians. The other one hates Jews and says that they killed Jesus and should be condemned for their sin.For 8 years our president has been working with a group of twisted right wing "evangelical" pastors. They have set the agenda for our country. Why would we give up our chance for someone who truly belives in change? Barack's church is truly an amazing one full of outreach for it's community. No, I don't like what Rev Wright said (although if you do some searching you will find the many books and speeches and see how powerful he really can be...in a good way).No, let's vote McCain and keep ourselves tied to the religious right for 4 more years - no gays, no other religions, no women's rights, hate, hate, hate. I am much more afraid of them thatn I am of Obama's retired angry black preacher that is a product of the civil rights days (how many of you have ever been hosed down in the street or attacked by police dogs?) No, he's not right but he's a product of his own experiences. So is Barack and his are different that is why he is post civil rights, he is where he is because of the fight of those that went before him.Obama 08 - I do hope you can all learn to say President Obama - I think you'll find that we are a better country a few years from now!

Downloads
    Uploads

I certainly hope so. He is the most Racist of them all. I would love to see his explanation as to why, when he was in church, he was unaware of those comments. Is that how he would lead the nation, UNAWARE of whats happening. You better believe. it.

meowpotatoes

It is quite possible that he had not heard any of this particular rhetoric, even when you consider the quote from last year's paper. Unfortunately your link does not work from last years paper, so I can not read if it gives any specific examples of reason's he needs to distance himself from his spiritual mentor. I am glad that his pastor does not put America first, as I believe it is wrong for any religious person to put America ahead of their religion. I was raised catholic and have always been an American first, and put religion as an afterthought (I am more agnostic than catholic), but in 2004 I went to a mass where there was an American flag on the stage next to the podium where the minister was delivering his sermon. The pope had denounced the war in Iraq, and I felt it was wrong to support the flag while delivering his speech. That doesn't mean I didn't support our troops, but I believe their needs to be (and can exist) a separation between your religious mentors and your political goals, ideals, and philosophies. The few quotes from Mr Wright were taken over the past 8 years and there have only been 3-4 quotes, so I find it entirely possible that Obama had not heard any of this rhetoric, but if it turns out (and I am certain that there are plenty of journalists trying to find out) that this is his typical rhetoric, or frequently used, then I would be severely disappointed in Obama. The idea of distancing himself from Mr Wright could have easily had very little to do with any specific comments, but the entire philosophy of a Black Separatist Church (and I see absolutely nothing wrong with a black separatist church, if you understand the development of Christianity in African-American History, you would very likely feel the same, and the role of the black church in black society).

Downloads
    Uploads

Even if it was true that he personally didn't hear these sermons (which I seriously doubt), don't you think his campaign managers would have made him aware of them? His supporters need to stop making excuses for him & come out & see the light before it's too late! At best, he has picked the wrong people to associate himself with, and at worst .............?

mentalmunchkin1

How can he answer any of this? I felt sorry for the party last night while he was stumbling in the interview to try to reconcile his twenty year relationship with this pastor and his own "uniting" views. Sad that it has come to this but better now rather than later. Watching him fumble and try to put together a tale that may save him was painful and sad. I had hoped for more - (even though Hillary is my first choice I was ok with Obama as second). I guess we now know why Michelle Obama has her doctoral thesis locked up and not available for public view. What a bunch of disappointments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12