Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mercedes

How many of you share the same politics with your pastor?

How many of us have pastors or spiritual leaders that we don’t actually agree with their beliefs in politics but we still seek their spiritual guidance? What does attending a church has to do with sharing the same political view with the pastor?And most importantly how sick and stupid is to call a person racist when he is half white himself and loved his white mother way better than his Black father?

menehune_808

That is a very good point.

Downloads
    Uploads

Political views have no place in a church. It's called the separation of church and state.

mentat314

This discussion never came up with my pastor and congregation.

Menace2NYC

If my Pastor spoke against African-American people, I would get up and walk out.

memphis44

Obama is the embodiment of the multicultural and multi race America. He is white and black and obviously has white and black family.John McCain even has a pastor with controversial viewpoints. John Hagee is his name and he is anti-Catholic, anti-gay, anti-black, and sexistshttp://youtube.com/watch?v=4qNi7tPanUA

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not running for president.

menabenson

My church doesn't argue politics because that could jeopardize it's tax exempt status.But at the same time, I don't think I would dedicate a book to my priest either.

Downloads
    Uploads

Q:How many of us have pastors or spiritual leaders that we don’t actually agree with their beliefs in politics but we still seek their spiritual guidance? I would say not many. I wouldn't turn to Hitler for spiritual guidance. Hitler was a Christian after all, but I don't agree with his political beliefs.Q:And most importantly how sick and stupid is to call a person racist when he is half white himself and loved his white mother way better than his Black father?No. Obama's white mother raised him for 18+ years. Yet, Obama trots his black grandmother out for the media. He's never known her and needs an interpreter to talk to her.

Menace

yeah I agree with you, I mean that would be denying the white side of him which I do not think he would do. That shows how america blows things out of proportion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast