Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentat

How many of you share the same politics with your pastor?

I know you are defending Obama but I believe that if he addresses the issue as he started to last night with Anderson Cooper it could become a good opportunity for America.The sore needs to be punctured and some of the pus at least drained and Obama is if you will in the position of the Doctor.The Sean Hannity compilation that as Obama put is a Greatest 'Hits' of rev Wrights faulty thinking (a result of Black Liberation Theology --> ideology --> thinking gone mad) This video plays into some people's fears.Thank God (who does she think she is Ferraro) said what she said earlier in the week showing some people's disrespect of the Black American experience.Barack needs to address the wound and explain to all who are listening about the Black American experience and tell us that he does not prescribe to the liberation theology mentality.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would hope everyone cares what views their pastor hold. A persons political views says a lot about their values. I agree with a person with an earlier comment about keeping church and state separate. We are to trust God, not the government. We are to look to God for strength. Unfortunately those on Obama's side look to the government to provide and rails against it when it doesn't give them everything they think they deserve. Read the writing below. I'd say we are at the end."A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence: * From bondage to spiritual faith; * From spiritual faith to great courage; * From courage to liberty; * From liberty to abundance; * From abundance to complacency; * From complacency to apathy; * From apathy to dependence; * From dependence back into bondage.- Alexander Tyler

memphis44

this is such a danger to democracy when we allow religion to be a deciding factor in our politics. I mean just look at the state of some of the Muslim countries where religion is wholeheartdly embraced in politics - or whatsmore, IS their politics. Would you like to live in this environment?If you want to remain a free individual, you should not allow religion to determine who runs your country!

memyselfandi

I agree and also why doesnt the news media show more of his sermons, surely not all of his sermons are about hate. Do people think that when Obamas pastor councelled him he told him, "ok, now you should go out in the world and hate whitey and your country", I doubt it. I would think his white mother would have had some influence on him. Employers in this country are no longer allowed to take pictures of job applicants so they cant assume because theyre black or female they cant do the job or because of theyre color or gender their own bias' cant have a part in hiring someone...maybe we need to put candidates behind a curtain so we have to choose on their merits, not on their skin or sex!

menabenson

There is a reason that our constitution clearly states that there should be a separation between religion & state. Too many wars have been fought and too much blood has been shed, throughout humanity, on the idea of what is "right".The reason that this is an issue w/ Obama is because, first off, your religious and spiritual beliefs do have a direct connection with how you "govern" your life. How could you possibly function in one way, w/out such an important thing as your spiritual beliefs influencing them - I mean why bother going to church, temple, etc.?Furthermore, this is not just a case of Senator Obama & his family "dropping by" every once in a while. Senator Obama & his wife were married by Reverend Wright. They were members of his church for almost 2/decades. They are also personal friends w/ him. You may argue that you don't believe everything your friends believe - yet you would not be so closely tied as to have someone who you reject be your spiritual advisor.Reverend Wright's politics are very much part of his spiritual teaching. Senator Obama is very close friend and follower of Reverend Wright. He must share some of the same beliefs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Never do.I rarely go to church because my church is 273 miles away.

mentalmunchkin1

I have a FEMALE Episcopal priest. She keeps her politics to herself.If she didn't, she'd be pulled on the carpet so fast that she wouldn't know what hit her. Mainline churches have governing committees. It takes a Bishop to fire an Episcopal priest, but the governing committee can STOP PAYING them.Don't play so naive about this. If I hung out with KKK people at their BBQs and said it was for the ribs and potato salad and that I knew nothing of their beliefs, would you believe me? I doubt anyone is that stupid, but you are asking us to believe Obama didn't stay there 20 years listening, and rearing his kids in that crap. And that Mrs. Obama has seen the light now that hubby is running for President. Yeah, your head isn't that deep in any hole.

mepc4u

I can not imagine sitting under a pastor for 20 years and not agreeing with his message. That's so fake, no one would by that lie, as to your last statement, about being half and half, just remember Hitler's mother was Jewish, need I say more?

Downloads
    Uploads

politics has got nothing to do with a church or a pastor...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123