Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whatever happened to the radio show called Hooked on Trivia with Mike Cook?

It used to be on different radio stations in the San Diego area. Does anyone know if the show is still on the air or what station it may be on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't hear?? .. Mike Cook died!!

Haha just kidding!! I have never heard of that radio show before :P

Unregistered
    Google happened

Unregistered
    This is Troy, Mike's son. He's been off the air for a while, but we are making an attempt to bring the show back online. Did you ever call in? If so, what name and city?

Thanks for your interest! I really want to get it back on the airwaves as well.

Unregistered
    Hi Troy,
    Thanks for the word on your dad. Glad he's OK. Been a listener since 1983 from the KMJC days :-) Loved the show. We need your dad back on.
    -Rob

Unregistered
    Thank you Troy! I have truly missed hearing your family's show! When I was in my twenties ( in the mid 90's) my friends and I would listen to Hooked on Trivia religiously. We somehow made a drinking game out of the show the object and rules of which weren't very clear and I'm not completely sure if we had a score keeping method. We would all be on our primitive Nokia cell phones listening on hold and waiting for our individual times to shine! We always recorded the segments we were on with a cassette player so we could later listen to our drunken attempts to out wit your father. I still have a case full of those tapes somewhere in my garage, four cases. I want to share a story with you and your father if you would be so kind as to pass it on. I am not particularly proud of this episode but I believe It will give an idea of the impression that the show left on the psyche of myself and my good friend Patrick. One late summer night in 1998 my friend Pat and I set out on a full moon adventure in the Anza Borrego desert on a piece of land directly behind the Iron Door Saloon. with us we brought two kites, several glow sticks, four cases of Lucky Lager, a pillow case full of grass, a half of a vial of liquid LSD and my small boombox with witch to play my archive of show clips until the sun came up. Needless to say that night you unknowingly participated in the closest thing I have ever had to a religious experience. To this day We refer to this happening as 'our night on the moon with Captain Mike' . Ever since then your fathers voice triggers a incredibly happy warm fuzzy response in me that is almost Pavlovian. And it is forever engrained deep in my brain. I realize that I may be a contender for craziest fan ever after sharing this but I thaught it might amuse you. Thank you for all the good times and I hope to hear the show again in the future. Feel free to respond if you like [email protected] . This is Ryan from Escondido, and i'm just playing for fun.