Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member katrina_highkick_59's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crocheted Cozies?

So first off, I'll admit I'm a nerd. LOL when i get bored in the evenings i like to crochet random things like cozies for tissue boxes and the like, I got a crazy idea tonite... I have a bicycle helmet that is quite drab and i just don't like it, should i make a cozy for it, or am i just going to far, i could make it the same color as my bike. I'm half joking here and half not, if i do this will i fall to far into the depths of dorkdom, LOL. thanks for your input

h_brida

Crocheted Cozies?

Don't use the term "cozy". Call it a "skin", like for an iPod. :-)Such things are almost routine for costuming, to disguise protective headgear. I've not heard of one being crocheted, but I've seen them in fake fur and even with removable horns with velcro attachments.So, match the bike, match your jacket or do it in school or team colors.

collision_22

Crocheted Cozies?

That is so hot, haha. You know it is not dorky if you pursue something that others consider odd. I think it just shows different aspects of people that you normally do not get to see. I have a question though, with the helmet, is it for when you are done riding or when you are riding that you are making the cozies for? I would just paint it IMO. I want to see the finish result if you go ahead on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Crocheted Cozies?

If you decide not to cover your helmet, here are a few more ideas to think about.

Clare7883

Crocheted Cozies?

Believe it or not, they make a pattern for a crochet helmet cover/cozy. Here, it's item YDV0125;http://www.horsedodads.com/crochet.htmHow about crocheting a Viking helmet that looks like a chicken all plucked and ready to roast? Yep, there's a pattern for one here;http://alohamedia.net/sarah/hats/chicken-viking/

Chele

Crocheted Cozies?

I know how you feel ... I figured the same thing when I chose to do a cover for my hand sanitizer (I keep it by the front door because we have a dog and I figure it's good to have handy for casual stop by's who I may not invite in but do pet my puppy) anyway I didn't like the look of the bottle so I covered it and just the pump sticks out the top (#10 thread crochet)I like your idea of covering the helmet it really makes it yours and who knows businesses grow out of original designs. good luck.

lora

Crocheted Cozies?

Crochet is a much honored art and I think that would be wonderful for you to adventure further with your craft. I make wrist warmers and use my wrist, and slippers and use my feet to go by, so why not crochet a helmet cozy? You may become rich one day with ideas like that! You are welcome to join my online craft and crochet group of about 71 dorks just like you