Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I been wondering this for a while now why do dogs always try and hump my

leg when I first meet them? Seriously though, almost every time i meet a dog they do that it's weird..big dogs small dogs.. I do have a dog but it's happened before I even had one. Anybody know why?

No I don't carry any freakin dog food on me. And I'm pretty normal size 5"4.I don't think I'm intimidating I love dogs! And they seem to like me too I do also notice that out of all the new people they meet everyone else ignores the dog. Maybe I should stop paying attention to them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    To show dominance over you. It is not always a sexual behavior. The dogs have to be trained not to do this by their owners by establishing themselves as a pack leader. By doing this, they are less prone to doing this to the owner or people they meet. When this happens, push the dog away immediately to show the dog this is unacceptable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yech! Unless you're keeping kibble up and under your skirt...maybe it's your size. Are you a smaller person?

Are you an intimidating person for whom a dog might feel the need to control you? Do you speak loudly or have a deep voice?

I'd carry a nerf bat and beat them off of you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dogs hump humans legs when they are not de-sexed and dont mate. Keeping a dog un-desexed and not breeding them its pointless. All their hormones kind of pile up and they cant control it. If they bred the dog, it wouldnt do this.

Its also possible that u smell like a female dog. Do you have a female dog? Is she de-sexed? When a male dog smells a non-desexed female on u, he goes crazy with the smell and humps you simply because you smell like her. Animals are very different to humans. Humans have sex for pleasure whenever we want, not just reproduction. Where as animals will only ever mate with an in-season female so that they can have babies and pass on their blood line.

My best bet is you have the smell of a female dog on you. Try changing ur clothes and having a shower before meeting male dogs. And dont touch ur female dog after doing this. See if it changes anything.

If you dont have a female dog, maybe a friends dog that u spend alot of time with? If not, idk.

Best of Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    most dogs just want to mark new territory or show there dominance which is why they do that...they want to show that they own you haha kinda weird actually

answer mine?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqvkYO9tHHe9laiGH490zLnty6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20100419233123AAeffOw