Do you think my boss is interested in me? I wasn't interested in girls,...

copper_affection

Apr 9, 2010
...but now i don't know? I am a 20-something year old female and my boss is a 30-something year old female. We have worked at the same large company together for 5 years and never really talked until recently. The first time she said anything to me was when she complimented me on my new hairstyle. I thought it was weird for her to talk to me since we never really had before. A year or so goes by and she got promoted to an even higher position and her office just happened to be very close to where my desk is. Soon after her promotion, I ran into her at the cafeteria. I wanted to congratulate her and began to walk toward her. She looked up, we made eye contact, I smiled, but she immediatley turned away and became awkward.I decided not to say anything and worried that she just didn't like me and didn't care to speak to me. The next day we passed each other in the hall. I smiled and told her good morning, and she returned the greeting, but it felt awkward again.She just would get jittery...or so it seemed, it was hard to read her. I continued to think that she just had a problem with me. I talked to my boyfriend about it and he didn't know what to make of it. I continued to report our encounters to my boyfriend. For a period of time, she and I kept running into each other in the restrooom. She would smile now , say hello, and ask about my day. One day I was talking on my cell phone in the hall, and I turned around just as she was coming my way. I smiled really big, she smiled really big...and then she winked at me. I took it as a "Hey Kid" kind of wink...it didn't seem flirty. I was just relieved that she at didn't hate me...certainly wouldn't be good if your boss didn't like you. We ended up meeting in the restroom again. We were washing our hands, side by side, and she said a common thing - "We need to stop meeting like this." I didn't think anything of it because I hear people say that to each other all the time as a joke. But when she got to the door, and I was still at the sink, she turned before she exited and added, "People will start to talk" in a very casual, non-joking tone. I just laughed and smiled until she left the room. A couple times i had to go to her office for a mini-meeting and her skin would become flushed out when I first walk in. She was talking to a group of employees, me included, and made eye contact with everyone except me and her voice was shakey. She was walking by my desk, she was like 15 feet away, and we made eye contact, smiled big. When she walked back the other way, we caught each other's eye and she winked. When the managers picked one person from each work section to interview for feedback, she picked me. Is this all just normal stuff? I am reading into things? She is very attractive. I am average. What else should I look for or pay attention to to determine what is going on in her head abou me...if it's anything. At first it made me feel very uncomfortable...mainly because I don't know what she is thinking...but now it's kind of exciting. My boyfriend said it seems she is interested in me. It's hard for me to believe. But what do you think?

This is not a very tough question. It can be a tough question too, depending on the girl. Everyone has a different character, thus it’s impossible to know if the girl is interested in you by just following the points below.
If she’s not interested in you…

• She NEVER initiates contact with you, be it on MSN or sms.
  • She is uncomfortable with light touching for eg. playful punching or nudging.
  • She cancels dates with you without proposing a make-up date.
  • She does not even agree to go out with you and does not suggest alternative timings.
  • She pours out all her emotional baggage to you. (When not together yet.)
  • She takes a long time to reply your sms or may not even reply.
  • She playfully call you her brother.
  • She talks about other guys to you.
  • She is indifferent towards you.
  • No matter how hard u try to impress her, she just ignore u.
  • She never want to look at your eyes, or stay any minute with u and would find uncomfortable with u around.
  • She will not engage in open communication with you
  • She makes up stories for not wanting to meet you
  • She keeps things about herself from you.
  • She is self absorbed and preoccupied with her own life which does not include you.
  • She rarely initiates a call or sms to you.
  • When you ask her out for a date, she’ll ask, “who’s going?”
  • You buy expensive gifts for the girl, she thanks you very politely and tells you not to spend so much money on her or that there is no need to even buy her a birthday gift.
  • If you invite her to concert or expensive dinners, she tells you that she is not free almost immediately.
That’s almost all, but this doesn’t apply to all girls. You must know that some girls are generally too shy to express their love for you.

Back