advocate for the childrens best interests? released my address to my ex husband. It was court ordered that my address not be released due to safety issues. I have already had to move twice because of him locating me and slashing my tires and threatening me and I have it because he is a safety risk to me and my children. He has tried to drown the kids before and as a result I have sole custody and he has no visitations at all, but he is fighting it, hence the advocate coming in to investigate the matter. My lawyer and the judge both sent a letter to the court appointed advocate with the court order attached and the first sentence of the letter (which also stated that they had been ordered by the court to handle my case) said that per the attached court order, my address was not to be released to my ex under any circumstances. Well they released it to him and now all they are saying is they are sorry. Can I sue them? What can I do? My kids lives and mine are now in jeopardy because they didn't even take the time to read my case, or even the first sentence in the file that was sent by my lawyer and the judge! They also had these papers for over a month before they disclosed my address to him. That is just incompetent that my kids lives are in their hands and they royally screwed it up! Thanks so much for any help! Oh I am in Colorado.