Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Ginsee C

Boston Terrier Male/Female: Female covets all food and toys?

I have 2 Boston Terriers. One female red/white one (Lady) and a black/white male (Arthur), both a year old.

I feed them each about a 1.5 cups a day.

I feed them in the morning at in the evening around 5pm.

When they eat, they both act like it's a race, particularly the female. She will not be finished with her bowl and will push him out of the way and start on his bowl. He gets confused and moved to her bowl.. and she jumps back to her bowl again. She is so fast, she gets most of the food and I have to give Arthur a little more.

I am just wondering why she does this but even more frequently in the past 2 weeks. (Not pregnant).

She also covets all of the toys. Anything he wants, she wants.. and takes. It's really entertaining. I just feel sorry for Arthur but he is so patient. He just looks at her like she's crazy. Her red color suits her stubborn temper.

Any insights on dogs with personalities like hers? Behavior--will it become lesser as she gets older?

Stacy
    No, it will get worse. This must be stopped. It may turn into food and toy aggression. In addition, she will get overweight. Please enroll Lady in obedience class, you need the help of a professional.