Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it easy to switch from Fido to Telus prepaid?

I have a fido prepaid service and phone currently right now and I want to switch to telus prepaid just because I like their service (same price as fido) and their prepaid phones better than fido. I want to know how big is the process and when should I buy my telus prepaid phone! I currently have a crappy nokia 2760 but when i get telus I want to get the Motorola Rival (just because my friend had it and loved it before switching to an iphone). Tell me the steps of how to get my new phone (when do i buy the phone, when do i go to or call the telus store, ect)!

Thanks

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When your Fido phone runs out of money, call Fido and cancel your account. After that, you can go to the TELUS store or Walmart or Futureshop and purchase the Pay&Talk phone of your choice. Take it home and activate it on-line at telusmobility.com.

Note: you can cut your Fido service at any time but you should just use up whatever balance there is since they will not return any unused monies.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I have a fido prepaid service and phone currently right now and I want to switch to telus prepaid just because I like their service (same price as fido) and their prepaid phones better than fido. I want to know how big is the process and when should I buy my telus prepaid phone! I currently have a crappy nokia 2760 but when i get telus I want to get the Motorola Rival (just because my friend had it and loved it before switching to an iphone). Tell me the steps of how to get my new phone (when do i buy the phone, when do i go to or call the telus store, ect)!
    Thanks

Hi,

Yes ! It is easy to swap from fido to telus . You have to do onething for swapping sim cards . You have to unlock your Nokia 2760 from fido and use it with any other GSM carriers internationally . To unlock your Nokia, use unlock code . You can get it from your carrier or from any of the online vendors like SuperUnlockCodes.com to unlock your Nokia 2760.