GUYS.......would you have a problem letting ur gf ride on the back of sport bikes...

Jlyn

Apr 19, 2008
...with other guys? Ive been riding on the bike of bikes for over 10 years and ive been dating this guy for a year now and all last riding season hes givin me nothing but hell about riding. i didnt listen to him because we had just started dating and riding is my passion! i told him and reassured him that it has nothing to do with sex....it has everything to do with BIKES........but now that weve been together a year and were in love and all that im torn with how i should handle it considering riding is right around the corner.......do i give up my passion for the one i love or should he trust me and let me be happy with what ive done for so many years????
I would LOVE to buy my own bike but im a single mom and its not easy and more so id feel guilty considering its not a priority. my bf has never been on a bike.....he has no interest in them. or else i wouldnt be in this situation.....im not saying hes wrong or right ........im just looking for others opinions whether or not i should stop riding...

If you love him as much as you say, give it up... relationships are give and take.... personally, i wouldnt have asked you to quit or gave you hell bout it... i woulda left. its not right to do sometihn like that with other guys when you have someone in your life. if you love ridin and your man, buy a bike... just my two cents.

If it was a guy asking, I'd say it doesn't matter. If she's a slut she'll cheat on you sooner or later anyhow. If she's not, no harm in it.

I had the choice of sending my GF home on the back of another guy's bike after she blew hers up, or else cutting short my trip to the Rockies in order to take her home. I took my trip, she went home on the back of a Guzzi with an Italian guy, and everything is fine.

Since it's you asking, and your boy doesn't even ride, I think you already know what the answer is.

You're "in love, and all that"? Not really, at this stage it's still lust.

Love is never saying you "can't" do things. Love is not a deed to your soul, it's not a title to your heart. Love is a learning, growing process.

When we cannot grow, we fall out of love.

And find another.

You have a couple of options. First and foremost, try riding your own bike. If you enjoy being a passenger so much, then you will take to riding like a fish to water. Another option is to get him to start riding, then be HIS passenger. This may not be the best option because it seems that he dislikes motorcycling in general. Third, just keep doing what you are doing, he will either adjust, or you will find a guy who wants you to be his passenger.

Something to consider... Does your boyfriend know and trust the riding skill of the people you are riding with? I can count the people I would be comfortable with my girlfriend riding behind on one hand.

Just my perspective...

No.
I don't share my wife's love of sailing. She crews on a male friend's boat. Since I want her to be happy, I'd never consider getting between her and what she enjoys. She has no problem with women friends riding behind me when she is not able to go along ( she also riders her own). Not everyone is made to be a pilot, which just makes it better for those of us who like to share the ride.

be selfish and ride those bikes that you love so much, i am a bike lover too. screw that boyfriend, tell him to respect you for what you love, and if you love me, you'll respect me.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with my girl riding on the back of any motorcycle (except if i was riding it) - especially if I didn't know the person.
There are a lot of idiot riders out there with no riding experience and squids taking unnecessary risks.
I would prefer she ride my bike herself, or ride her own bike.
I would pay for her riding instructions and buy her a bike of her choice.

Back