Blogcasting the National Football League, Blogcasting the NFL
It appears that Matt Walsh, the former New England Patriots employee believed to have tapes of illegal spying by the team, is close to an agreement to turn over information to the National Football League. The NFL said in a statement last night that in the past week, lawyers for Matt and the league have made “substantial progress toward an agreement that will allow Mr. Walsh to be interviewed. Both sides are optimistic that any remaining issues can be addressed successfully and they are committed to reaching a full agreement as promptly as possible.”
This guy is currently a golf pro in Hawai’i. Does it get any better than that? Anyway, he’s been seeking protection from lawsuits and other legal action, whether by the Patriots or whoever. The two sides have been negotiating for almost a month after reports surfaced just before Super Bowl XLI that he videotaped a walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams before the 2002 Super Bowl. Matt’s lawyer, Michael N. Levy of the Washington firm McKee Nelson, confirmed last night in a letter to the Associated Press that an agreement was near:
“I have consistently asked the NFL to provide appropriate legal protections for Mr. Walsh. In recent discussions I have had with the league’s lawyer, we have made substantial progress toward this end, and I am hopeful that we will be able to craft an agreement with the necessary legal protections so Mr. Walsh can come forward with the truth.”
Well, this should be very interesting.
Tags: Matt Walsh, New England Patriots, spygateShare This
</img>

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img>