Root Beer Float Marble Cake [Baking Delights: Baking breads and treats for your fami

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
Â*
There is something that few people know about me. So heinous, so frightening, so down-right childish…
I am addicted to root beer floats. Yes I am.
I am old enough to remember real root beer, the kind that was made fresh at the A & W drive ins. Wow. And, I am going to learn to make root beer myself. It is one of my goals. I love Birch beer to, but we have to have it imported because you can’t get it here. Anyway…
Yesterday morning I wanted a root-beer float, but I was cold. And I don’t like eating ice cream when it is cold. In fact, at 48, I am not getting hot flashes, I am getting cold flashes. Hey, dare to be different, right?
What a dilemma!
I grabbed one of my favorite cake recipes and decided to try to make a cake. But I didn’t think a root beer cake with vanilla frosting would work, nor a vanilla cake with rootbeer frosting…
Then I thought about marble cake. I love marble cakes because they are unique and pretty. And hardly anyone makes them anymore.

Perfect! This came out so good. Feel free to adjust the amount of root beer flavoring in the frosting. I think I would add a bit more next time.
Root Beer Float Marble Cake
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 c sugar
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp root beer extract
  • 1 c cream
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
Beat the eggs until light and thick. They should just about triple in volume and look like this:

Add the sugar and continue to beat.
Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the egg mixture. Add the vanilla.
Heat the cream and butter until butter is melted and hot, but don’t let mixture boil. Add to batter. Beating well while adding.
Remove half of batter and add the root beer extract. Beat it in well.
Spoon batters into greased and floured 9″ pans, alternating between batters. When the batter is all in the pans, swirl a spoon through and it will look something like this:
Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, or until done. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, and remove from pans. Allow to cool completely.
Frosting
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons root beer extract
  • 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cream
Cream butter, salt, and root beer extract, beating until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition. Add cream, beating until smooth.
Adjust amount of cream for desired consistency
Put layers together with the frosting, and use the rest to frost top and sides of the cake. serves 10-12
All content on this page (c) 2008 marye audet for baking delights, http://bakingdelights.com, part of the lifestyles channel at B5 media.
Tags: dessert, easy cake, easy cake recipe, homemade-cake, hot milk cake, layer cake, marble cake, Root beer float cake, unusual cake recipeShare This
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>

Back